fno1r-c's @ gs-d3's on a o 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-22-2004, 04:35 PM
Kev
WRXtuners Member

Kev is an unknown
Unhappy fno1r-c's @ gs-d3's on a o 3

I have 5zigen fno1r-c's (17x7) with Goodyear Eagle F1 gs-d3's on my 03' wrx. Since the day that I had the tires mounted I had vibrations from 35mph and up. I have got them balenced, and re-balenced, and then again for good measure with no help at all. I just put some hub-centric rings on them and it did no good. Does anybody else out there have the same combination (or just one of them experiencing the same problem), or does anybody have any ideas of things I can check???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-22-2004, 05:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

ox_engr is an unknown
it could be that the wheels have a runout problem. ie. they may not be perfectly round.
#3 Old 04-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Kev
WRXtuners Member

Kev is an unknown
wouldn't that show up in the balencing? I also hear a thumping sound, which makes me think flat spot.
#4 Old 05-02-2004, 12:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
probably they are outta round so when thier balanced thier showing up in the wrong spot to put the wieghts.
#5 Old 05-02-2004, 08:43 AM
Kev
WRXtuners Member

Kev is an unknown
I got the tires and wheels checked, they are both perfect. What I have found now is that the vibrations come and go. So the answer is hubcentric. My problem is that I have hub-rings on there now but they don't fit as well as they should. My question is... this is a very popular wheel for wrx's and it doesn't seem like other people are having this problem, what makes me different. I am going to continue to search for better hub-rings, but I'd like to hear from other people with the fno1r-c.
#6 Old 05-02-2004, 10:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

delswrx is an unknown
I bought my 18"fn01r-c's with 225/40 yokohama parada spec 2 tires from discount tire direct, i remember paying an extra charge for another balancing process, i think they called it ride matching where they roll the tire against a drum the see how its balanced when the tire is actually under a load, instead of just spinning the assembly like a regular wheel balancer. They came with hubcentric rings, i bolted them on with absolutely no vibrations, even all the way up to 140 they run smooth.
#7 Old 05-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Kev
WRXtuners Member

Kev is an unknown
wow, did you get the hub-rings from 5zigen or discount tire?

I went through wheelmax, and no such deal with mine. I need to get my hands on a decent set of hub-rings, I'm becoming a disgruntled wrx driver with these friggin' vibrations. I'm gonna give discount tire a call.

Thanks for the info delswrx!!!!
#8 Old 05-03-2004, 09:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

delswrx is an unknown
no prob, hope you get everything works out, i'm not sure who made the hub-rings, they were in the package with the lug nuts, they are a red anodized color. My friend bought a set of konigs for his car from the same place and his rings look the same a mine, maybe discount tire uses one brand? i couldn't tell you.