WRXtuners Member

GamerzBM is an unknown
alright ill try that today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 07-01-2011, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

GamerzBM is an unknown
no its not the a/c compresser it sounds like it coming from the head engine tear down starts next tuesday
post #33 of 45 Old 07-01-2011, 01:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Still willing to bed it's the tensioner... You'll need to get those covers off if you're going to tear the block apart so you mine's well just rip it off somehow before you go through all the work.

-Chris
post #34 of 45 Old 07-01-2011, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

GamerzBM is an unknown
im going to have my freidn take out the engine and fix everything thats wrong with it hes going to be checking the timing first then move on to see what the noise was
post #35 of 45 Old 07-01-2011, 05:48 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
My guess is that the tensioner is the culprit. No need to remove the engine to do that. Get the goddamn cover off it and check already !!

Cullen
post #36 of 45 Old 07-01-2011, 11:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
LOL, now you are starting to piss Cullen off.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #37 of 45 Old 07-02-2011, 01:15 AM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Two 10mm to remove the coolant reservoir, three more to take off the left cover. If it was my engine, I'd want to know

Cullen
post #38 of 45 Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

GamerzBM is an unknown
lol relax u people lol ok i will take it off today so i take off the belts? then both left and right covers and thats it and look? what about the center cover
post #39 of 45 Old 07-06-2011, 04:04 PM

Just remove the left cover (drivers left) and you can check the tension (you'll have to get the reservoir off first) remove the right cover if you want to see if it's in time (use a 22mm to turn the crank pulley bolt to line up the marks. No need to remove the accessory belts or center cover until you need to get in there to replace things.

Cullen
post #40 of 45 Old 07-06-2011, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

GamerzBM is an unknown
i cant get that damm cover off when i turn the bolt it just keeps spining with the nut is there a speical way to take it off its pissing me off
post #41 of 45 Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

GamerzBM is an unknown
UPDATE::::::: THE SOUND IN THE video is now solved :-)

i took apart my timing covers found out my belt was kinda loose that would be becuase of bad belt tenasioner and also while i was there i changed all idlers and water pump every thing was old car only has 64k miles so again it was a loose timing belt

i bought a timing belt kit with water pump for 236 on ebay :-)

SUBI NOW PUUUUURRRRSSSS
post #42 of 45 Old 09-03-2011, 09:51 PM

My god the suspense was killing me

Seriously glad to hear it is all fixed. We can all feel like genius's now, since we thought we knew what the problem was and were right You should feel very fortunate to have caught it before it became a much more expensive valve job. Don't expect to get as many miles out of those E-bay parts though. I've seen those belts at 50K miles and they don't hold up like the OEMs. Who did the work for you ?

Cullen
post #43 of 45 Old 09-04-2011, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

GamerzBM is an unknown
i did the work myself took me like 10 hours i wanted to take my time timing is perfect all marks lined up and about the belt how will i know it goes bad again??

also i heard good things that they last long thats why i went with it but i will probely replace it with an oem one in a while
post #44 of 45 Old 09-07-2011, 03:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

new2subaru is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonracer View Post
My god the suspense was killing me

Seriously glad to hear it is all fixed. We can all feel like genius's now, since we thought we knew what the problem was and were right You should feel very fortunate to have caught it before it became a much more expensive valve job. Don't expect to get as many miles out of those E-bay parts though. I've seen those belts at 50K miles and they don't hold up like the OEMs. Who did the work for you ?
Hey cullen,
I am having a similar issue, you can read my thread "02 wrx no mods all stock- making funny noise ".... I have a rattle/knocking (maybe) noise coming from lh side of motor. The sound appears at 3k rpms, and Does not get louder with rpms. I know I have a new timing belt, but not sure about the tensioner. Could you give me your input?

Thank you guys for all your advice and help! this is the best subbie forum on the net!!!!

post #45 of 45 Old 09-08-2011, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

GamerzBM is an unknown
well if u want to check the tension remove the left *passenger side* timing belt coming to see if the belts loose if it is loose most likely u have a bad belt tensioner if it is bad its best to change all idlers too with the tensioner so that way everything is new