emissions question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 08-30-2011, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

stunt is an unknown
emissions question

does any one know if you can pass emissions in maryland with the tire pressure light on i tried looking around online and couldnt find much info about it i know your car wont pass with a brake light or check engine light on i wasnt sure about the tire pressure light
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-30-2011, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
I love louisiana. We get a "brake tag" but they really dont check much. d.l. and insurance, all lights work, $10, and your good!!

06 STI
http://www.armslist.com/?utm_source=c000017&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p017903
post #3 of 17 Old 08-31-2011, 01:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt View Post
does any one know if you can pass emissions in maryland with the tire pressure light on i tried looking around online and couldnt find much info about it i know your car wont pass with a brake light or check engine light on i wasnt sure about the tire pressure light
TPMS is not related to emissions in any way. I know that in PA you can pass inspection with the TPMS light on.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
post #4 of 17 Old 08-31-2011, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

stunt is an unknown
ok good i wasnt sure becasue of them failing you if your abs light is on i dont know what that has to do with emissions either and really i didnt wanna have to pay the dealer to turn it off
post #5 of 17 Old 09-01-2011, 01:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'm due to have my emissions tested by 10/19, but my car is still in the shop with a broken transmission so I might have to extend that deadline if I don't have it back by then. I have some basic bolt-on parts on my car and an ECU reflash, so hopefully I'll have some first-hand knowledge about what will pass the MD emissions inspection in the near future.

John
07 WRX
post #6 of 17 Old 09-01-2011, 09:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
How often do they test in MD? They just do a plug in and read the ECU scan in PA every year.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #7 of 17 Old 09-01-2011, 09:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Man I love living in Ohio...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #8 of 17 Old 09-01-2011, 09:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Its a waste of money in my state...supposedly the lawmakers said we had to do it. I think its just another source of income for the lawmakers.

But, seriously...You could run straight pipes with CELs disabled and get a pass on emissions in PA. They don't do a sniff test or visual inspection. Some places might catch on...but, I'm sure you can find a neighbor hood garage that would just pass you and not say anything.

Kirt
post #9 of 17 Old 09-01-2011, 10:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

diesel paul is more helpful than not
hell in california they put a full ecu scan check to see if you have all your oem equipment in place then they do dyno run with a probe in the pipe an you know whats worse they made me smog my diesel what the heck is going on here an whats worse if they are so concerned about the air quality why do they exempt police cars an all all county cars its strictly for the money from what i see

2003 wrx hatch upgraded turbo three inch turbo back upgraded up pipe subaru upgrade intake
post #10 of 17 Old 09-01-2011, 11:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

Who the hell smogs a diesel? Diesels are exempt from emissions in PA.

Kirt
post #11 of 17 Old 09-02-2011, 01:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
In Maryland, the dynamometer test has been elimitated. The vehicle will either have an OBD test or idle tailpipe test, depending on the vehicle age and weight. My car fits the category of 1996 and newer passenger vehicles, so I'll get the OBD test. The system is checked to determine if there are emissions control components that are failing which may cause the vehicle's emissions to exceed allowable limits. Hoping for the best with my Cobb Stage 2, 93 octane ots map and Cobb catted dp... I'll find out for sure as soon as I get my car back and I'll be at least $14.00 poorer.

John
07 WRX
post #12 of 17 Old 09-02-2011, 04:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well if the codes are disabled for the O2 sensor and other items then it won't show up on the scan, it will read they are functioning correctly...Hell even Subaru has a hard time noticing a retune...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #13 of 17 Old 09-02-2011, 06:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
When I used to live in california, I would pay a few $ extra and wait for someone to bring a car in like mine and I had someone that would run the test twice; once for the owner with their info, then again with my info. Mostly because my windows were tinted and I was too low. SSHHH dont tell anyone.

06 STI
http://www.armslist.com/?utm_source=c000017&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p017903
post #14 of 17 Old 09-02-2011, 08:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

^doesn't know I secretly work for the police dept. of California...Oh wait wrong thread...pooooopp!!1

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #15 of 17 Old 09-02-2011, 09:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
^doesn't know I secretly work for the police dept. of California...Oh wait wrong thread...pooooopp!!1
C.H.I.P.s?? Are you ponch or john?

06 STI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement