E.G.R. VALVE on wrx 02!where is it? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-24-2008, 09:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

subyroo is an unknown
E.G.R. VALVE on wrx 02!where is it?

my 2002 wrx hasnt ran properly since i baught it. it runs fairly strong at 15 psi right to around 5000rpm each time then sputters and makes a clacking sound comming from the drivers side of the enigine compartment. egine lite recently came on with the code "exaust gas receirculationg valve high temp circuit". the problem is im a mech. and want to fix it myself.

so i was wondering is 15psi stock? and where is the erg valve?

thanks
mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-25-2008, 05:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You said stock ? 15psi isn't stock. Have a tune ?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#3 Old 06-25-2008, 06:54 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Thats not stock for a WRX at all. Do you have any mods done or on the car?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 06-25-2008, 09:22 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
WRX's do not have an EGR valve.They do have an EGT probe.What is the actual DTC #?

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#5 Old 06-25-2008, 07:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

subyroo is an unknown
what is stock psi for a wrx? the only mods i have done are a forge recirculation b.o.v. , k and n air filter. the guy who owned the car before me played around with the access port computer messing with the cars computer but i braught it to a local shop and they told me he had reset the ecu back to stock. now the access port wont work on the car and the boost is still at 15psi and the same problem is occurring and almost getting worse recently.

i have a boost gauge that reads the psi going up to 15psi and also when the access port did worked it read 15psi also matching the boost gauge. i guess i am over boosting for stock ecu settings.

the codes showing up on my mac tools code reader are
p1312 undefined code
p0546 (pd) e.g.r. tempature sensor circuit high (bank1)
#6 Old 06-25-2008, 08:15 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
P1312 EXHAUST TEMP SENSOR MALFUNTION
P0546 EXHAUST GAS TEMP SENSOR CIRCUT HIGH INPUT

A Complete List of all SUBARU OBD2 error codes - i-Club

Stock boost is 13.5psi.Does it have 100% stock exhaust?No aftermarket downpipe?EGR is wrong.It is EGT.WRX's have a temp sensor in the up-pipe.I'm asuming it's disconnected and removed.

#7 Old 06-25-2008, 11:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

subyroo is an unknown
nope its all stock. i want to get this problem fixed before i start to upgrade things like that.

so is the problem comming from the extra 1.5psi?

when i rev past 5000 rpm to try and reach the full 7000 rpm i cam smell gas fumes pretty bad comming from the car every time. and no the gas fumes aren't comming from me lol

thanks a lot
mike l
#8 Old 06-26-2008, 07:16 AM
WRXpert

No.It's coming from the EGT sensor.This is a no brainer as you have 2 codes from the EGT.1.5 psi isn't going to do much.You need to get the car checked out.

#9 Old 07-02-2008, 04:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

subyroo is an unknown
what reading should i get on my multi meter. when i read the tepature sensor plug?
#10 Old 07-03-2008, 09:27 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
just pull the sensor out, plug the hole in the up pipe and stick a 2.2k ohm 1/2 watt resistor in the plug. problem solved

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#11 Old 03-05-2011, 11:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Umm....2.5 yr old thread?
#12 Old 03-05-2011, 12:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
would one of the mods please delete the F'ing trolls

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#13 Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
try using the report feature rather than posting, you might actually get results. Took me way too long to find this one

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD