Doesnt Want To Start After Refuel - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-09-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

SUBY777 is on thin ice
Unhappy Doesnt Want To Start After Refuel

When i refuel my car, it doesnt want to turn on/start... i have to step on the gas then it turns on...it only happens when i refuel though... starts up normally otherwise...thinking the tank might have sediment or dirt and whenever i refuel it clogs... please let me know....only happens when i refuel the gas tank...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-09-2009, 11:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXParamedic is an unknown
I've had that same problem with other cars but it was when the tank was low and it was water in poor quality gas. Generally a stopped up fuel filter will make it hard to start, low power unless you press on the gas over 3/4 the way down and constantly give poor mpg. I don't have any experience with the Subaru in tank fuel filters but if yours is easily accessible changing it may solve the problem.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-10-2009, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

SUBY777 is on thin ice
Unhappy

only when i refuel though... i even tried to gas up while the engine was running and it idled very nasty and turned off
post #4 of 8 Old 10-10-2009, 12:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
What brand gas are you using? Is it always the same station? If so, change stations.

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug
post #5 of 8 Old 10-10-2009, 10:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

angdefeo is an unknown
I dont know if this applies to Subaru gas tanks, but i know that some gas tanks have a sort of an evaporation tank at the top of the neck where you fill the gas tank. This zone of the tank can get filled with fuel if you try to fill the gas to the very top by forcing in as much fuel as possible. If that happened to you, it would set off the check engine light. Has your check engine light come on?
post #6 of 8 Old 10-10-2009, 11:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

02SportWagon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 02SportWagon Send a message via Yahoo to 02SportWagon
Also, how many miles are on the car and when was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

-02SportWagon
"Can I stab you for your Subie?"
post #7 of 8 Old 10-12-2009, 10:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to airplnmdls
If you think something is clogged up, go to the autoparts store and pick up a container of "Seafoam"...I think its what it's called...it's in a red and white circular can...I hear it works very well...you need to add it to a full tank...haven't used it myself though...
post #8 of 8 Old 10-12-2009, 08:17 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by angdefeo View Post
I dont know if this applies to Subaru gas tanks, but i know that some gas tanks have a sort of an evaporation tank at the top of the neck where you fill the gas tank. This zone of the tank can get filled with fuel if you try to fill the gas to the very top by forcing in as much fuel as possible. If that happened to you, it would set off the check engine light. Has your check engine light come on?
/\ This. If you try to fill to much sometimes the overflow will get into the charcoal canister. The evap solenoid might be having a problem too.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement