Diag Code P0519.... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-28-2009, 07:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

Scoops04WRX is an unknown
Diag Code P0519....

I tried to see if this specific topis was posted but may havent found one so, here it is.

I have a 2004 WRX that i recently just installed a 3 inch cat back to. I drove the car home and had no problem what so ever. Once I got home, my car sat for approximately 2 weeks before I drove it again. Once I got in the car, it started to drone real bad and idles at 1550 - 2200 rpms and presents code P0519. I tried to reset the ECU, deleting the code and disabling and it still drones. Any idea what I could do before taking it to the shop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-28-2009, 08:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
After some quick research, this is what I found:

P0519 - Idle Control System Malfunction (Fail-Safe)
Trouble Symptom - Engine keeps running at higher revolution than specified idling revolution

Sounds like that's exactly what you're experiencing. Basically, your ECU can't get your engine to idle at the proper RPM. This could indicate a problem with the idle air control valve or the neutral safety switch. My bet is on the second one since several people have experienced this exact same thing before and when they replaced their neutral safety switch, the problem was fixed. One guy's was even covered under his factory warranty. My advice is to take it to the dealership and I bet they'll be able to fix it for you if you tell them what I told you - or maybe they'll just know if you describe the symptoms and give them the code. Good luck!

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#3 Old 05-28-2009, 08:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

kk thanks a lot. You wouldnt happen to kno where those items are located would you?
#4 Old 05-28-2009, 09:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Nope, unfortunately, I haven't a clue. I just read that information on another forum and passed it on to you. If you do take your car to the dealership, can you please post here when you get it back to let everyone know what the problem was? I'm curious if I was right

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#5 Old 05-28-2009, 09:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yup. I think i can do that