deto????/blown turbo ???? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-16-2011, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
deto????/blown turbo ????

I was driving down the highway and gave my wrx some gas. At around 15 psi I heard a loud boom/swooshing sound and my car starting to stutter. Now when I hit any sort of psi I hear loud whinning and it begins to stutter. The engine sesms to run fine until the turbo hits a certain psi. No warning lights came on, which leads me to believe the turbo might be the issue. If anyone knows the problem or even thinks they might, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-16-2011, 12:11 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Have you gotten under the hood to look at anything? Check all your hoses and connections? Both boost and vac lines. It could be as simple as some coupler or fitting coming lose.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 12 Old 10-16-2011, 12:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Probably a boost leak.... Check the coupler at the TMIC - Throttle body hose. Those rubber end caps tend to blow off. Could also be the line that runs under the TMIC to the intake manifold from the bpv.

-Chris
post #4 of 12 Old 10-16-2011, 03:09 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
If his profile is correct Chris he isnt running the TMIC anymore, hes running the AVO FMIC. But again, like you said sounds like something came off/loose.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #5 of 12 Old 10-16-2011, 09:23 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Sounds like a post turbo intake leak to me, like an intercooler line popped open or loose. Investigate your hoses/pipes from the turbo to the FMIC, then to the throttle body, including the BPV/BOV. My guess is the problem will be between the turbo and the IC.

Cullen
post #6 of 12 Old 10-17-2011, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
Hey thank you all for the advice I disasebeled the intercooler and sure enough a couple had come lose. Tighten it up and working fine now. Thanks for the help.
post #7 of 12 Old 10-17-2011, 11:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Worm clamps

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #8 of 12 Old 10-17-2011, 06:02 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Worm clamps
...suck.....

Cullen
post #9 of 12 Old 10-17-2011, 09:12 PM

Wiggins clamps....enough said. But to the OP glad to hear you got the car back and running.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #10 of 12 Old 10-18-2011, 09:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^Awesome, but super expensive. If you don't mind paying more for the ten clamps then your whole FMIC kit would cost, then go for it.

-Chris
post #11 of 12 Old 10-18-2011, 09:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^ Haha. Like I said... Worm clamps...
In all honesty, around the IC worm clamps work better than most.... In my experience.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #12 of 12 Old 10-18-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
^Awesome, but super expensive. If you don't mind paying more for the ten clamps then your whole FMIC kit would cost, then go for it.
Did not say by any means it was economical, or wallet friendly. But to get the best it usually cost a little more. Miss my old shops car. Every clamp that was in that thing was a wiggins clamp. Ugliest car from the outside, but open the hood and crawl under it, most beautiful one ever, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement