Data Log - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 03-29-2011, 05:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

rwatkinsii is an unknown
OK so i bought the map for stage 2 from (XPT Tuning, The XPT Tuning Online Store).

My current setup is invida catless and KN filter.

Here are current logs. I just want to make sure this is not gonna cook my engine until i get the rest of my stuff the next few months.

This is both inital flash about 2-3 miles of driving. Then shutdown and restart. Thanks for all the help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip after restart.zip (32.8 KB, 22 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 03-29-2011, 06:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewdWRX View Post
I am not tryting to start a pissing match, but there are ways to tune your car without a dyno. You can do pulls and collect the data on the road. All you need is a WB02 and a way to record your data. AP or Tactrix with OS software are commonly used.

OTS maps are generally safe if you follow the rules on supported hardware. They generally will not produce the HP of a dyno tune.

Happy tuning!
Generally safe. Its always adviseable to get a protune though. Because even a OTS map can't factor everything in for the specific area you live in, how your car reacts to certain mods, elevation, climate, and other factors. Its a good start though.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#18 Old 03-29-2011, 07:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

LewdWRX is an unknown
If you haven't already I would do a 3rd gear pull from about 1500 RPM to an upper RPM you are comfortable with. Keep in mind if you run to redline you will be breaking the speed limit. I would have Braden evaluate the results to make sure your safe. He can tweek it if there is an issue.

If you are running OS you can use your defroster switch to start and stop your log to capture only your pull. This will be most useful.

I am no expert, but it doesn't look that bad to me, no FLKC. There was some KCA, not much. I assume your not running a WB02 so we can't see your true fueling so FLKC is the thing to keep an eye out for. It's cool out right now--keep an eye on your logs as the temp goes up to be sure your not knocking.

09 WRX K&N Typhoon Walbro 255 SPT BG AEM UEGO Tactrix2.0 XPT Stocks + Winter wheels w/Dunlop WS 3D
#19 Old 03-29-2011, 08:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
The best way to do it is on a dyno with a brake on it so you can hol it at certain engine loads. Road tuning is not the correct way. Maybe a safe way till you can get it to a dyno.

2003 WRX Hybrid build,

Brian
#20 Old 03-29-2011, 10:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Brian is discussing a Mustang Dyno or some of the DynoJets that have a brake system sorta simular to Mustang's.

Kirt
#21 Old 03-30-2011, 12:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewdWRX View Post
OTS maps are generally safe if you follow the rules on supported hardware. They generally will not produce the HP of a dyno tune.

Happy tuning!
My engine blew with 19K and an OTS Cobb Stage 2 map and those same recommended "safe" mods. Get the thing actually tuned. You might be okay until you get your mods with the net tune, but if it were me doing it again, I'd pro-tune already.

#22 Old 03-30-2011, 09:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

rwatkinsii is an unknown
So I contacted xpt tuning about the issues with there map. To my suprise they asked for a log file and send me a new map. The cut seems to run much better then before. I will do some logging tonight omw to work and share.
#23 Old 03-31-2011, 07:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
Hey RWATKINSII I found out why the map did work that i sent you. There was a new update on my cobb software and now i can unlock my maps and send them and edit them for anyone.

2003 WRX Hybrid build,

Brian
#24 Old 03-31-2011, 02:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

rwatkinsii is an unknown
Yea i just realizedthat last night Thanks for the thought!!! Braden contacted me and sent me a new map and the car ran amazing. In fact it ran so good that the clutch decided it had it. If i punch it the rpms fly up and car stays at same speed. I plan to order a new one and put it in next saturday. i will relog after a few hundred break in miles i drive over 100miles a day for work so i will use the wrx to get them break in miles done in a few days.
#25 Old 03-31-2011, 02:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

KCsubikid is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by VD5505 View Post
Hey RWATKINSII I found out why the map did work that i sent you. There was a new update on my cobb software and now i can unlock my maps and send them and edit them for anyone.
What does this mean?

-Jason-
Protuned 4EAT- Helix DP, Grimmspeed CC UP, Grimmspeed EBCS, SPT CBE
#26 Old 03-31-2011, 03:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

rwatkinsii is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCsubikid View Post
What does this mean?
It means he shared his map with me but it was locked to his AP S/N and i couldnt use it. Until he figured out how to unlock it. he had same mods and wanted to offer a helping hand to my situation.
#27 Old 03-31-2011, 09:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Brian: How did you unlock the map? Mine is up to date and I wasn't aware that it can do that.

Kirt