Data Log - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 03-27-2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

rwatkinsii is an unknown
Data Log

I just installed my catless DP and got an overboost cel at high rpm in 3rd. I have figured out how to adjust my driving to prevent it until i get a boost controller. I just want to verify my car is running ok otherwise. This is mainly highway driving.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf data log small.pdf (891.3 KB, 195 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 03-27-2011, 07:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
you don't need a boost controller, what you need is a TUNE ASAP!!!

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #3 of 27 Old 03-27-2011, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

rwatkinsii is an unknown
The problem is I'm in pittsburg and don't know of any reputable tuner. And I plan to put a new turbo injectors and tmic so I hate to pay twice
post #4 of 27 Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
your semi close to slowboy!!!! get there:eek:

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #5 of 27 Old 03-27-2011, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

rwatkinsii is an unknown
I would like to go to agile. From what I read they seem to know there stuff. How bad is current tune? Will it cause engine damage?
post #6 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

rwatkinsii is an unknown
Everything i find on slowboy when i google is bad. I havent for a person who is happy with there customer service. Any other recomendations for a tunner would be great. I dont mind driving. I just want to work done right the first time. Im so worried to let anyone touch my car now.
post #7 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 09:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

LewdWRX is an unknown
I would get a tune ASAP. Until then stay off the turbo. You are pulling timing, you ECU does this to prevent damage to your engine. This also means you are not getting any benefit from your mods.

There are several great tuners over in Maryland.

One other option is an OTS/remote tuned map flashed with a Tactrix or an AP. I don't know what your current situation is as far as that goes.

I will say that Braden at XPT can clean this up for you. If you intend to go with a remote tune Braden is AWESOME to work with. He also works for COBB so if you were not feeling comfortable with that option, that should help.

Research Xtream Performance Tuning and you will find him. Send him a PM with a log and see what he thinks.

Good luck!

09 WRX K&N Typhoon Walbro 255 SPT BG AEM UEGO Tactrix2.0 XPT Stocks + Winter wheels w/Dunlop WS 3D
post #8 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

rwatkinsii is an unknown
How can i get ahold of this guy. I researched this company but it seems there is more then one of them. If someone could send me a link to PM him i cant seem to find a way to search for users.
post #9 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 07:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
idunno, maybe they suck with subies but my buddy swore by them with his dsm's,......I tried

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #10 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 08:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
When they had a location down in FL I used to do some of their tuning and they're a great place, I've met Joe and the PA crowd it's a great group of guys but if you want something from them go get it done in person they suck at the whole mail order thing

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #11 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 08:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

just hunted some tuners for ya, and in pitt. you should check out Agile.

and on the note of slowboy,...I have never heard a single complaint....good luck however the route you go...cheers

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #12 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

rwatkinsii is an unknown
I am just judging by my google search for slowboy. I just couldn't find any good reviews only negative. They might do a good job but being I can't find any good review with a simple search I'm not willing to risk my car. I tried to call agile today but they are closed sun and mon. I will call them tomorrow and see about going down and getting tuned. I'm just debating buying my turbo, tmic, and injectors now.
post #13 of 27 Old 03-29-2011, 09:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

LewdWRX is an unknown
This is the link for XPT. Looks like you will need the stage 2 map. The invidia DP is preferred; catted or catless.

XPT Tuning, The XPT Tuning Online Store

You can contact Braden via PM on his forum here:

OSecuroms & XPT Tuning •Index page

His screen name is ev8siv3. Great to work with! BTW this is not a "mail order" map. You will work with Braden electronically if the OTS base map doesn't do the trick; which it should. If you go for a remote full tune you will do pulls and send him logs and he will adjust the map and send it back.

Good luck!

09 WRX K&N Typhoon Walbro 255 SPT BG AEM UEGO Tactrix2.0 XPT Stocks + Winter wheels w/Dunlop WS 3D
post #14 of 27 Old 03-29-2011, 10:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
I just PM'd you. Either way you will have to put your car on a dyno and tune it. STAY AWAY FROM OTS MAPS!!!! Every car is different and also where you live changes it!!

2003 WRX Hybrid build,

Brian
post #15 of 27 Old 03-29-2011, 06:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

LewdWRX is an unknown
I am not tryting to start a pissing match, but there are ways to tune your car without a dyno. You can do pulls and collect the data on the road. All you need is a WB02 and a way to record your data. AP or Tactrix with OS software are commonly used.

OTS maps are generally safe if you follow the rules on supported hardware. They generally will not produce the HP of a dyno tune.

Happy tuning!