I know this is a belated update to the situation. Those who are members of MNsubaru have heard this tale already as I am an active member on that board. I live and learned by bring the subaru into the stealership for further diagnosis. From there on I had a long battled dispute with them and subaru regarding my warranty which was denied since my ecu was flashed.
The first time I had my subaru in for service the upper and lower intake gaskets were replaced since some had cracks. However, I later learned that it was not the source to the problem that was discovered. Six months had passed and it was still having the same symptoms. CEL's would come and go.
I brought it back into the shop had them pull the engine and run a diagnostic test. Had them do a compression test, and found a 10% compression loss in cylinder four. Also all of my exhaust valves had been burned, rods had been warped, and the heads needed some work. (Not uncommon for a turbo'ed subaru...
After heckling with SOA and the dealership I did manage to get some discounts since my warranty was denied. Mind you I had the car for 10k miles after the initial purchase of this CPO car which was not beaten on.
The best news was yet to come when my car sat on the lot for about a month since I had a motorcycle to ride for the summer. I received a phone call that my car had been broken into and my stereo had been stolen with some excessive body damage that came out to be around $1200 dollars in insurance repairs.
Good news is that the car is fixed on both levels, and is running just fine. I learned my lesson especially about taking my car to the stealership.