cylinder 4 misfire - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-26-2014, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

tehfuzz is an unknown
cylinder 4 misfire

Hi all,

I am particularly stumped when I am getting reoccuring cel's being thrown with my 08 wrx. I had my intake gaskets both upper and lower replaced at the dealership that was still under warranty and had one of my injector o-rings replaced as well too among some other things that were under warranty. It was fine for a while drove it for a good stretch now the cel is coming back. before i was getting p0301 cyl 1 misfire. When the dealership did the maintenance that one went away.

This time cyl 4 codes are being read from my plx kiwi that i keep in my car. I went and replaced the spark plugs with some brand new OEM iridiums. Seem to fix the problem for the next ~700 miles. Now I seem to be back at square one.

The biggest clues I can give before people start mentioning the compression test is that the CEL only triggers when I am idling when i am at a stop light or letting it warm up. I brought it to a friends when we changed the spark plugs, and while i was out getting some new ones he tested cylinder 2 and 4 and said that they both checked out. The car has no loss in power and does not struggle to get going at all. The gas mileage has not been affected either.

Wouldn't be surprised if the gaskets cracked again, but I think its time to call the dealer again.

Wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or not. Subaru's sure are finicky little buggers.

Thanks for checking this thread out and I will appreciate any advice that is shared.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Premium Member

boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Try checking out the wiring going to the coil packs. Make sure there is not a damaged wire or dirty ground somewhere. I've Read about that happening before.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #3 of 4 Old 06-26-2014, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

tehfuzz is an unknown
Thanks for the response. I will check it out.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-16-2014, 03:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

p51302 is an unknown
Do you have access to a scan tool? If so, could you please tell me your LTFT and STFT at idle, 1500rpm, and 2500rpm?

When I did this, I had a negative LTFT % at idle only, meaning the computer was trying to lean out the fuel mixture. So for me, it turned out to be a leaking fuel pressure regulator, a stuck Purge Control Valve, and improperly gapped plugs.