Subaru WRX Forum banner

Coolant Flush!!

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  arcticscythe 
#1 ·
Hey so Im about to change the coolant for the first time in my 02 wrx wagon. I got a gallon of anti freeze from the subie dealership and I was really just curious as to if there's anything special i should be doing while changing it.

Thanks

#4 ·
Im big on over flushing, I like to put lots of extra water through it before I cap it off and refill. Make sure to use distilled water, not just bottled water, distilled water is much safer on your system then bottled(read: minerals added for taste)

When your doing you final fill I also like to add a quart of redlines water wetter, its a non glycol conditioner that they say can lower temps up to 30 degrees. While some would say its snake oil it makes me feel better about running a hot engine in sunny southern California.

#8 ·
but its what cars crave : ) Brawndo !?!? In all seriousness, With fresh coolant it should be just fine, but i gues whats good for the goose isnt always good for the gander. OP its your call, I like it but from a quick Google search it seems like a few people have had issues with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.