cold start help - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 12-14-2013, 11:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

thekamikaze kid is more helpful than not
sullivan county. its still pretty cold. especially when there is snow storms dropping 12 inches. are you in the daks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-15-2013, 02:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

Jkas is an unknown
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekamikaze kid View Post
sullivan county. its still pretty cold. especially when there is snow storms dropping 12 inches. are you in the daks?
Yea. 26 miles south of Canada eh! Follow 81 north to 2nd to last exit and you have found me. I really wish I was in the tug hill region. They are getting smashed with snow. I believe they are at 5 feet after this storm. Was down there a few days ago and they had just over 4ft.

Kasper
2002 WRX Bugeye
2013 Mazda CX-5
#18 Old 12-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
You should not be having to jump/change your battery so often. However, each time the battery dies, it loses some of it life. There's a few possibilities. You've already checked for corrosion. Maybe there's something wrong with your charging system like others have said. You really need a multimeter to properly diagnose electrical problems. Your battery should be between 12-12.6VDC when the car is off. At idle, it should be between 13.5 to 14.7VDC.

You can remove your alternator and take it to Advance Auto to have a tested. It needs to be removed from the car. They have a machine that they can put it on. This is a free service.

If all that checks out you probably have some type of parasitic loss when the car is off. What mods do you have? Sometimes when people install head units, remote starts, security, or other electrical mods, they end up wiring it incorrectly and causes the battery to drain even when the car is off.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae