Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cobb AP V2, wont turn on

9K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  baller_v24 
#1 ·
I was searching around and just got done sending Cobb Techs an email. Was just wondering if anyone running the Cobb AP V2 of any model WRX/STI ever turned the car and plugged in the AP and it didnt turn on? I tried and check all connections, even tried it on my computer and to no luck at all. I havent seen or heard of this often at all. If and when I get a reply back from Cobb I will be sure to share it just in case it ever happens to someone else.

#4 ·
Well I got it to finally turn on again. Disconnected the battery, drained the residual power, hooked the battery up and fired up the car. Turned the car off, hooked up the jumper block and AP, turned right on. Car seems to be running stronger (probably in my head), but plan on running to my tuner (pacific Import Tuner) ASAP this week and see what they have to say. Also still waiting for a reply from Cobb and will update them also. Thanks guys.

#5 ·
Glad you got everything sorted out. I can only imagine your disappointment when you plugged it in and then nothing happened. Hope you're enjoying your extra bit o' power. !Thumbs Up

It's threads like this that can be helpful to other people who have similar issues, so thanks for posting too.

#10 ·
Thanks everyone for the support and all. Can runs like a champ. Im hitting 16PSI strong in 3rd through 5th. Cobb hit me back, said nothing to do except exchange it if it was bad. Im going to my tuners friday since Im off. They said it happens once in a great while, usually nothing wrong.

#11 ·
Well the whole tihng with my AP has been solved. I did end up having to send it in. Something internally was broke with it. Cost about $255 for shipping to and from Cobb plus the repair. But it has the newest update and works like a charm again.

#16 ·
Well get out the hating hats, they made me pay for it all. But I had to have the thing fixed and there was nothing anyone else could do about it. I asked about a warranty or something, that didnt get me far at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.