Clutch issues - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-18-2012, 11:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

frost0fractal is an unknown
Clutch issues

I have an 09 WRX, ~Stage 2 with ~36k miles on it.

I just moved from the east coast to the west coast and my new employer had my car shipped. When it arrived the truck driver lowered the end of the ramp, and rolled my car down off the top level and everything looked fine. When I got in to drive it it smelled like burnt metal and the clutch shudders/slips when engaging. After some thought I concluded that in order to get the car on the truck the driver had to drive my car UP that steep ass ramp . Considering I'm used to my car and he's not I am very confident he damaged the clutch when loading the car. Now they've told me I need to take it to a mechanic and have a written statement from the mechanic saying that was probably what happened.

SO...

Does that all make sense?
Does anyone have any good recommendations for mechanics in the North Bay area of San Francisco? (preferably close to Novato, CA)

Thanks ahead of time for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-18-2012, 02:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Makes sense to me.

Don't they pull them up by winch ? I don't know how a "mechanic" would know all this. Take it to a dealer. Especially if they are going to be paying for the repairs/estimate/diagnosis.

My 2¢

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 01-18-2012, 06:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Unless the tow truck driver was dumb enough to leave the car in gear and wench it up. I don't see how they would've damaged it. Get it checked out and see what the dealership says.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae

Last edited by turmic; 01-29-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: I should proof read before I hit enter
#4 Old 01-29-2012, 12:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

Doncostano is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Unless the tow truck driver was dumb enough to leave the car in gear and wench it up. I don't see how it got they would've damaged it. Get it checked out and see what the dealership says.
i would not doubt it for a second. thats how the world works. it would be a pain in the ass to prove something like that

could have left it in gear on the flatbed