Clutch adjustment - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 10-16-2010, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wetwilly543 is an unknown
Clutch adjustment

I took my 07 wrx to the dealer to get a new clutch, throwout bearing, pressure plate, and the flywheel resurfaced. It was great when i got it back, except that the throwout bearing was making a small noise when i had the clutch released, and would go away when i barely pressed down on the clutch pedal. I took it back to them and they made some adjustments. When i got the car back, the brakes were being applied moderately at all times and caused a serious decrease in performance! I took it back immediately and they did more adjusting. I am trying to figure out what they adjusted because even now it doesnt feel like the same performance that i had before. When the car is cool, the pedal feels decent until the car warms up. Then it feels like I have a racing clutch in it. What adjustments did they make so i can get that pedal to feel like normal at all times? I have a theory that the brakes still may be applied slightly, which may be causing decrease in performance, a lot of brake dust buildup on wheels, and "moaning" brake stops once the car has been in use.