check engine light cruise control flash obdII codes P2444 P2432 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-14-2009, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
les
WRXtuners Member

les is an unknown
check engine light cruise control flash obdII codes P2444 P2432

I had the following symptoms: check engine light, cruise control flash, obdII codes P2444 P2432, rough idle and low end power lacking. I cleaned the air mass sensor and the problems went away. About 2k mi. later the problems came back. OBDII codes P2444 and P2432 do not correspond to any Subaru problem that I know of. I finally replaced the air mass sensor and the problems have gone away. The dealer would not help me other than offer to diagnos the problem for $100. They would not tell me what the OBDII codes were. Good luck to them in selling me a 2010 STI. I will go to another dealer for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-14-2009, 10:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
that's pretty messed up. Yea i would definetely go somewhere else, next time just go to auto zone they can do it for free.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #3 of 10 Old 02-15-2009, 12:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
P2432 is the Secondary Air Pump Circuit Low
P2444 is the Secondary Air Pump 1 Stuck On B1

Sounds like you might have an issue with the air pump, it's on the driver's side. Either something is blocking the air flow, the hose is disconnected, or it is unplugged. Sucks that the dealership isn't helping you out. Hope the explaination of the codes helps out.

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug
post #4 of 10 Old 02-15-2009, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
les
WRXtuners Member

les is an unknown
03 Taxi Crazy,

I believe you have researched the codes correctly but from my research those were not Subaru codes so any translation to a Subaru is invalid. IMHO. Please prove me wrong and if so what is your source.

I believe the problem is fixed with the installation with the new air mass meter.

Les
post #5 of 10 Old 02-15-2009, 10:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The source would be RomRaider tuning software. Codes came out of a stock 07 WRX map. They are Subaru codes. Problem you might be running into is the fact that the 06/07 were the first years for the WRX to have the 2.5 with the smog pump. I'd highly suggest checking that out just to be certain.

post #6 of 10 Old 02-15-2009, 10:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

One thing you can do is remove the pump and delete the codes from the ECU. Apparently you can save about 80lbs. Block off plates are only $20 for that delete.

post #7 of 10 Old 02-20-2009, 05:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Krazed is an unknown
Wow sounds like quite the dealership your working with, I would definitely be going to another one. Like they said Autozone will normally get codes for you or most other basic repair shops free of charge, even a friend or a highschool shop sometimes has them. I would however recommend dealing strictly with a Subaru Dealership for repairs as long as your car is under warranty. I'm going through a major hassle with my car right now due to dealer recommendations but going to another place to have it done. Good luck fixing your problem!
post #8 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 09:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

Amritaya is an unknown
I have a Subaru Forester 2.0 from 2006 and the secondary air pump broke...now can someone tell me if exist a compatible air pump for my car because in Europe this part cost a lot...where to buy in USA or Asia?

Thanks
post #9 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 06:58 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
I just sold one to a customer today, as a matter of fact. List from Subaru here is still very high at $653. The secondary air switching valve lists at $313

Cullen
post #10 of 10 Old 11-10-2011, 04:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

pdelosa is an unknown
I'm having the same two codes, P2444 and P2443 and was considering deleting the air pump and it's cheaper than getting a new one by a lot. If I delete this, will the car have a CEL because the pump is no longer connected? I've been running a TBE with no cat for years with out having a CEL due to the missing cat so can I get away with the same thing on the smog pump?