Subaru WRX Forum banner

check engine light cruise control flash obdII codes P2444 P2432

36K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  pdelosa 
#1 ·
I had the following symptoms: check engine light, cruise control flash, obdII codes P2444 P2432, rough idle and low end power lacking. I cleaned the air mass sensor and the problems went away. About 2k mi. later the problems came back. OBDII codes P2444 and P2432 do not correspond to any Subaru problem that I know of. I finally replaced the air mass sensor and the problems have gone away. The dealer would not help me other than offer to diagnos the problem for $100. They would not tell me what the OBDII codes were. Good luck to them in selling me a 2010 STI. I will go to another dealer for sure.:notgood:

#3 ·
P2432 is the Secondary Air Pump Circuit Low
P2444 is the Secondary Air Pump 1 Stuck On B1

Sounds like you might have an issue with the air pump, it's on the driver's side. Either something is blocking the air flow, the hose is disconnected, or it is unplugged. Sucks that the dealership isn't helping you out. Hope the explaination of the codes helps out.

#4 ·
03 Taxi Crazy,

I believe you have researched the codes correctly but from my research those were not Subaru codes so any translation to a Subaru is invalid. IMHO. Please prove me wrong and if so what is your source.

I believe the problem is fixed with the installation with the new air mass meter.

Les

#5 ·
The source would be RomRaider tuning software. Codes came out of a stock 07 WRX map. They are Subaru codes. Problem you might be running into is the fact that the 06/07 were the first years for the WRX to have the 2.5 with the smog pump. I'd highly suggest checking that out just to be certain.

#7 ·
Wow sounds like quite the dealership your working with, I would definitely be going to another one. Like they said Autozone will normally get codes for you or most other basic repair shops free of charge, even a friend or a highschool shop sometimes has them. I would however recommend dealing strictly with a Subaru Dealership for repairs as long as your car is under warranty. I'm going through a major hassle with my car right now due to dealer recommendations but going to another place to have it done. Good luck fixing your problem!

#10 ·
I'm having the same two codes, P2444 and P2443 and was considering deleting the air pump and it's cheaper than getting a new one by a lot. If I delete this, will the car have a CEL because the pump is no longer connected? I've been running a TBE with no cat for years with out having a CEL due to the missing cat so can I get away with the same thing on the smog pump?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.