check engine light on after down pipe install - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-11-2011, 10:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

huguenot525 is an unknown
check engine light on after down pipe install

Hey i have a 2011 wrx and just had a invidia catted down pipe installed. since the instillation a check engine light came on i think the mechanic said it was something like turbo wastegate. also the traction control light is on and wont shutoff and the cruise light flashes on and off and doesnt work. any hlep would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-11-2011, 11:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by huguenot525 View Post
Hey i have a 2011 wrx and just had a invidia catted down pipe installed. since the instillation a check engine light came on i think the mechanic said it was something like turbo wastegate. also the traction control light is on and wont shutoff and the cruise light flashes on and off and doesnt work. any hlep would be greatly appreciated.
Try unhooking battery for a min and then connect it again. My 09 did it once and i did that and it was like a reset i felt like
#3 Old 10-12-2011, 12:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzanic View Post
Try unhooking battery for a min and then connect it again. My 09 did it once and i did that and it was like a reset i felt like
when the mechanic had it he cleared the code after driving it came back on as well as the other lights as mentioned before, wouldnt disconnetting the battery be just like clearing the code.
#4 Old 10-12-2011, 05:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Boost spiking MTL. Get the code read. Do you have engine management/tune on there ?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#5 Old 10-12-2011, 09:28 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Sounds like no tune, and some one modifying their car and not knowing what they are doing. You really either want to not drive the car (especially in boost), or take of the down pipe, or get the thing tuned. Your car will not run right without doing one of those last options, plain and simple. But getting the code read will also tell you the exact problem. Your car is going into limp mode cause of the new free'r flowing exhaust you just put on and the car isnt liking it much.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#6 Old 10-12-2011, 09:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

thats is my next purchase is the cobb accessport. the car isnt my daily driver so i am doing things as i can afford them. so the car will sit until i can get the tune. thanks all for your input
#7 Old 10-12-2011, 09:49 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
That sounds like a good idea. I hope I didint come off to harsh, if I did its the hangover, lol, sorry. But congrats on the purchase. The 2011 have REALLY grown on me. What color and do you have a sedan or wagon?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#8 Old 10-12-2011, 11:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

Not harsh at all, its probably what I needed. Thanks for the support. I got the sedan in Dark Gray Metallic. Im totally impressed with the car, this is my first subaru, but its definitely a learning experinece when it comes to upgrades. So far I have the Invidia exhaust, and the downpipe as I mentioned, the Cobb Short ram intake, and a short thor shifter.

Plan to order that access port this week.

Thanks again, Ill post with the results!
#9 Old 10-12-2011, 02:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by huguenot525 View Post
Not harsh at all, its probably what I needed. Thanks for the support. I got the sedan in Dark Gray Metallic. Im totally impressed with the car, this is my first subaru, but its definitely a learning experinece when it comes to upgrades. So far I have the Invidia exhaust, and the downpipe as I mentioned, the Cobb Short ram intake, and a short thor shifter.

Plan to order that access port this week.

Thanks again, Ill post with the results!
Check with cobb ap should b able to view and clear codes. Like said before dont drive to hard boost vcuz it could make another problem
#10 Old 10-12-2011, 06:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
The Cobb can read and clear. But, its going to fix the issue with a Stage 2 tune also.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#11 Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
If you want a save a bit of money, invest in a Tactrix cable. That cable + a local tuner for the tune will be cheaper in the long run than Cobb AP.

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
#12 Old 10-13-2011, 10:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^ a local tuner ? Please explain. Aren't the cables in the upwards of $90-$130. A tuner will charge $250-$350 for a tune.

I've always wondered where this comes out cheaper than an AP. Used AP's can be had for $300-$400

Only reason to get a cable and software would be if you were going to do the tuning/dialing in yourself.

My 2¢

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#13 Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
My local tuner charges $150... No need for cable. I have three separate tunes and I've only spent $425 to date on tunes.

If I feel the need I can get a used tactrix for ~$100 but I've never needed one.

-Chris
#14 Old 10-13-2011, 01:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

$150 street tune ? Wow... wish I could find one of those around here...

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#15 Old 10-13-2011, 03:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Pffft I pay $0 for my street tunes...Oh wait...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...