Check Engine Code - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-27-2004, 12:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

LuckyLuch is an unknown
Angry Check Engine Code

Ok i have had my CEL go on continously for some reason and the dealer does not know why. Here is what they told me last.

"EEC Test and check code P0137. Found rear O2 sensor not switching. check pins and wiring readings at connector to sensor and compare with known good vehicle. reading ok. monitor and found front a/f sensor reading off. contact SOA tech dept with findings and advised of aftermarket air inlet and blow off vavle installed on vehicle. per tech hotline remove and return car back to stock. clear code and return to customer. if light comes back on after parts taken out customer should bring car back to dealer."

All i have in the car is a AEM short ram intake and HKS blow off valve. has anyone else had a problem like this? Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-27-2004, 02:20 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Take off the short ram and the BOV and see what happens. If it is still on, its the dealers problem, sounds maybe like a bad O2 sensor. If it goes off then it is probably something w/ the intake.
#3 Old 05-27-2004, 02:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
That code would have nothing to do with the intake or BOV. Take it to the dealer.
#4 Old 05-27-2004, 05:38 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
I still wouldn't have taken it to the dealer w/ any mods done that can be easily removed like those.
#5 Old 05-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Replace the O2 sensor!! I had my CEL come on after no more than 3 weeks of having my car (no mods). Took it in and they found that the rear O2 sensor was bad. They told me that Subaru must have had a bad batch because they've had to replace a few of those on the new Subarus. Good Luck, hopefully that's the problem... or else I Really wish you good luck.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#6 Old 06-05-2004, 07:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXeffects is an unknown
LuckyLuch, just wondering if you have had any turbo flutter after installing your intake? Not trying to take over forum; just a question.
#7 Old 06-06-2004, 01:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

LuckyLuch is an unknown
I actually have not had any problems since i got the car back. Maybe they actually replaced the sensor this time... What do you mean by turbo flutter?