Subaru WRX Forum banner

Check Engine

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Cosmo 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a 02 WRX and that damn light just won't go out!!! I have tightened the gas cap way past 30 clicks and the light still won't go out...Any ideas?!?!?

thx

#6 ·
Sorry for the delay guys...I had to get the car checked out.
The codes that the garage gave me were P0-462 and P0-457.
The 462 one is Feul level sens circuit low volt .
457 is Evaporative emission control system leak detected...
Can anyone explain this to me in english please?!?!?

thanx.

#13 ·
Yes it does. The WRX has a sensor to make sure the fuel tank is pressurized (i.e. doesn't leak or have holes). Since you fill up with the car running the sensor stays on and detects that as a leak in the system. Turn the car off before refueling and CEL will go away after a while and this won't happen anymore.

#17 ·
you have to start the car 4 times before the cel will go out if there is no problem found. But if you do it back to back you must wait till all the lights clear on the dash while running or it wont count as a cycle.
Second my car did the same thing check valve located next to the throttle body front left of it. Vacuum port facing a little down and left facing, the line that fits on the intake is larger than the line coming out of the check valve. Make sure that vavle is working properly, OH ya some times you will smell gas fumes inside car if that hose is not operating properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.