Subaru WRX Forum banner

CEL Misfire Code at WOT

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Connoredm 
#1 ·
I am having a cylinder 3 misfire on my 2007 WRX TR at near wide open throttle. I can get into boost and go all the way to redline with no problems at say half throttle, but at 75%-100% throttle it misfires and you can feel the car's acceleration breaking up, it is not a pleasant feeling needless to say. I had a loose coil pack connector on that cylinder so i replaced it, but no luck, it still persists, I am stumped as to what it could be if anyone has any insight or information to lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!!

#2 ·
clean your injectors. if it still persists, its most likely a tuning issue. probably fuel cut. what are your IDC's? what fuel pump? what mods? we need to know everything about your car to properly help you with your problem.

Reactions: RoboTuner
#3 ·
Stock fuel pump, the car has a catted invidia downpipe a catted invidia up pipe and an aluminum koyorad radiator. It's stock other than that and the coilovers and wheels. I bought it with these mods and tuned previously to the mods it has is what he said. I had no problems with it for about 4 months until now

#4 · (Edited)
could also be your fuel pump dying. its 10 years old now. if it needs to be replaced, grab a bigger one like a walbro. the GSS342 is cheaper and better than oem. it will support a bigger turbo if you ever decide to upgrade in the future.

might not be a tuning issue since you're mostly stock but wouldnt hurt have the tune checked.

my guess its opensource tuned since you have no accessport?

Reactions: RoboTuner
#5 ·
How many miles on it? have your plugs been changed i have seen people put aftermarket spark plugs in thinking they are doing better but instead they cause a misfire. use only factory Subaru spark plugs this is coming from a service manager with first hand experience with this issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.