2Likes
  • 1 Post By titter
  • 1 Post By titter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-16-2017, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Connoredm is an unknown
CEL Misfire Code at WOT

I am having a cylinder 3 misfire on my 2007 WRX TR at near wide open throttle. I can get into boost and go all the way to redline with no problems at say half throttle, but at 75%-100% throttle it misfires and you can feel the car's acceleration breaking up, it is not a pleasant feeling needless to say. I had a loose coil pack connector on that cylinder so i replaced it, but no luck, it still persists, I am stumped as to what it could be if anyone has any insight or information to lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-16-2017, 08:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
clean your injectors. if it still persists, its most likely a tuning issue. probably fuel cut. what are your IDC's? what fuel pump? what mods? we need to know everything about your car to properly help you with your problem.
RoboTuner likes this.

Bugeye EJ207 Spec C 4EAT Wagon
happiness is measured in smiles per gallon
dont forget to wave
post #3 of 7 Old 02-17-2017, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Connoredm is an unknown
Stock fuel pump, the car has a catted invidia downpipe a catted invidia up pipe and an aluminum koyorad radiator. It's stock other than that and the coilovers and wheels. I bought it with these mods and tuned previously to the mods it has is what he said. I had no problems with it for about 4 months until now

post #4 of 7 Old 02-17-2017, 05:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
could also be your fuel pump dying. its 10 years old now. if it needs to be replaced, grab a bigger one like a walbro. the GSS342 is cheaper and better than oem. it will support a bigger turbo if you ever decide to upgrade in the future.

might not be a tuning issue since you're mostly stock but wouldnt hurt have the tune checked.

my guess its opensource tuned since you have no accessport?
RoboTuner likes this.

Bugeye EJ207 Spec C 4EAT Wagon
happiness is measured in smiles per gallon
dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 02-17-2017 at 08:55 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-17-2017, 01:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

racerx1986 is an unknown
How many miles on it? have your plugs been changed i have seen people put aftermarket spark plugs in thinking they are doing better but instead they cause a misfire. use only factory Subaru spark plugs this is coming from a service manager with first hand experience with this issue.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-21-2017, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Connoredm is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by titter View Post
could also be your fuel pump dying. its 10 years old now. if it needs to be replaced, grab a bigger one like a walbro. the GSS342 is cheaper and better than oem. it will support a bigger turbo if you ever decide to upgrade in the future.

might not be a tuning issue since you're mostly stock but wouldnt hurt have the tune checked.

my guess its opensource tuned since you have no accessport?
It was protuned at all wheel drive tuning in flower mound texas according to the man i bought it from, and is there a way i could test my fuel pump to see if its the problem
post #7 of 7 Old 02-21-2017, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Connoredm is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1986 View Post
How many miles on it? have your plugs been changed i have seen people put aftermarket spark plugs in thinking they are doing better but instead they cause a misfire. use only factory Subaru spark plugs this is coming from a service manager with first hand experience with this issue.
It has 145,000 on it now opposed to when i bought it with 139,000. He changed the plugs prior to selling it and ive even pulled them and checked the gap