cel fix advice - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-18-2010, 05:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

goodboyWRX is an unknown
cel fix advice

Every now and then my car refuses to start. No cranking, no noise, nothing. I keep trying and it eventually starts and throws a code for crankshaft position sensor malfunction. Now the cel is stuck on and its also throwing a code for heat 1 bank 1 whatever. Front o2 sensor is shot. I was planning on replacing my stock uppipe anyway so I was thinking I would buy a catless one without an o2 bung and do the resistor mod. I don't know if the crankshaft position sensor led to the o2 failure but recently I've been getting atrocious gas mileage, like it used a half of a tank to go about 60 miles. Anyone ever have a similar problem? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-19-2010, 08:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Did you try cleaning your MAF sensor? Check your air filter? Spark plugs? Left unattended, those can also lead to poor gas mileage.

John
07 WRX
#3 Old 03-19-2010, 08:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Also could be a bad O2 sensor telling the ecu your car has no air left and has it dump fuel to compensate... Change out the sensor and see if that helps.

-Chris
#4 Old 03-19-2010, 10:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

goodboyWRX is an unknown
replacing the o2 sensor this weekend hopefully. will definitely check/clean the intake system and plugs.
#5 Old 03-19-2010, 06:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

sivart08 is an unknown
i have almost the same problems... my car wont start sometimes.. does the same thing.. and i have a check engine light. auto zone said it was the o2 sensor.. i need to get one too.. do you have any problems with jerky driving???
#6 Old 03-19-2010, 08:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

slvr04wrx is an unknown
when my o2 sensor went three or four months ago my gas milage was horrible, and randomly would start bucking throughout my drive.
#7 Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Might be a dumb question, but how long do O2 sensors normally last on WRX/STis - stock, partially, and/or fully modded? How many miles do you guys have on your cars?

John
07 WRX