Car sputtering/cutting out under throttle...? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 Old 03-02-2012, 09:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yes you do (below the pump really/attached to the pump). Problem with the one in the tank is that I don't think you can order/replace JUST the "sock". Maybe someone else will chime in and say otherwise.

It's hard to diagnose over the interwebz but anytime I replaced the "sock/filter" in the back is when I replaced the entire FP in the tank. So take that for what it's worth.

Tell me, when you replaced the motor, did you just move the old plugs over?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 03-02-2012, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
I actually have a new warlboro fuel pump kit waiting to be installed....but bare w/ me...im not that best at workin on cars so it may be a bit....i'll need some help.

ANd i hate to say it...but the plugs that were in the newer motor stayed in it. This car has been a learning process for me as far as the motor swap. I was broke when i did it so we kept the original clutch in it as well. Needless to say...about 20k later we had to put in a new clutch.

Next on my list

1) Install the new fuel pump/sock
2) New plugs if the pump/sock doesnt solve my problem.
post #18 of 20 Old 03-02-2012, 01:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Plugs and coils could be your issue as well. Especially if the front filter didn't help.

Learning process is about right.... some things are not thought of... you aren't the first and won't be the last.

I'd pull the plugs either way. These cars are problematic, just seems that way because they are maint whores. The FP is a straight forward install....

Speaking of a learning curve... don't use a styrofoam box or cooler to do the pump on.... Don't ask me how I know.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #19 of 20 Old 03-02-2012, 08:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

21latemodel21 is an unknown
unplug your mass air flow sensor its a 5 wire plug on your cold air intake. see if it runs better. when its unplugged your car will go it to limp mode but power will still be there.
post #20 of 20 Old 03-05-2012, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
On another note....

Before my car started actin up i noticed my turbo was starting to sound like crap when cold. After it warmed up it was fine. But yesterday i noticed it was cuttn out right when i would get to boost. It cuts out pretty much right when turbo would get ready to go....could my turbo be the issue?

Once my gas tank gets a little lower i will you tube the fuel pump swap...and go from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement