Car is running like garbage just threw the P1131 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-08-2010, 09:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Car is running like garbage just threw the P1131

Well today interestingly enough I finally got around to defeating my constant CEL's and low and behold the car throws a real one P1131 "Front O2 short circuit" and after that the car has started to idle real rough and pulling less vacuum, and it overall runs like garbage, I was wondering if this is because of how off the A/F ratio is now as I can smell raw fuel as I drive. Does anyone have any insight to this problem.

Also: I just replaced the front O2 sensor in January with an OEM unit straight from Annapolis Subaru.

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-08-2010, 11:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Just a long shot, but did you keep your old front O2 sensor? Any way you could swap that one back in and see if the problem goes away? I think that one's semi-difficult to get to... but it might be worth a shot.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#3 Old 05-09-2010, 07:01 AM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Does the OEM one have a War?? I got one for my Jeep 8 months ago and it took a crap on me... They offer a 1 year war on theirs so I swapped it out and problem went away..

Edit, you are correct, the car us pulling timming and running in limp mode so it doesn't damage itself since it can't read proper AFRs..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
#4 Old 05-09-2010, 10:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
I hope so, I had to drive the car home because I left my daily there and the nearest dealershit to Daytona is 45mins away, I'm going to stop in tomorrow on my way back to Daytona for summer school, I'm just glad my dad is letting me borrow his Supra so I can leave my car here till I've got time to fix it

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#5 Old 05-09-2010, 02:00 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
DID someone say SUPRA.. "DROOL....

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
#6 Old 05-09-2010, 09:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

mhmmmmm 1998 RSP Supra Turbo Hardtop

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#7 Old 06-06-2010, 11:37 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Or maybe just teach other factory "technicians" how to do a proper job.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#8 Old 06-06-2010, 11:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Um yeah Ok, when you get a DTC for O2 sensor circuit short, I'm pretty sure thats directly the problem, which it was. So instead of trying to repair the harness I decided to just throw the wallet at the car and bought a MoTeC M800 standalone and let me say BEST PURCHASE EVER!!!! so many more tuning options! and just so you know, I'm a Licensed A&P so I do know how to diagnose engine problems

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#9 Old 06-07-2010, 04:33 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Matt good to hear that you go the car back up and running. So you like the Motec? I think you are the first person I know to run it. Glad to hear you like it.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#10 Old 06-07-2010, 09:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

Well, Josh to be honest the car is not what you would call "running" right now, LOL it has the capability of running but we are still installing the MoTeC because the one I got off of SupraForums came with all the options (Traction and launch control, Overrun boost enhancement (anti-lag), flat foot shifts, telemetry, data analysis, Continuously variable camshaft control. well not quite all options but good enough) it's taking some time to get everything installed. But to answer your question, yes I absolutely love my MoTeC.

And as to why I chose it over AEM or Hydra, after learning there was a short somewhere in my harness I decided to replace the whole harness but once I found out how much they were I decided to just spend the extra cash and go standalone and after alot of research I found a few subies in the UK running MoTeC's so I decided that I would go with the MoTeC because there was a good support network of guys running them successfully (plus it doesn't help that all the vehicles me and my dad have built over the years are MoTeC powered so I'm quite familiar with installing/tuning them.) and the MoTeC offers so much more tuning features than the AEM or Hydra like individual cylinder tuning, traction control, dual stage fuel injection. And with my plans for a 35R HTA coming together quickly it was time for standalone anyways.

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#11 Old 06-08-2010, 12:19 PM

Wow, sounds like oyu really did your research on it. If my car every gets that in depth mauybe I iwll look into it also. Im not sure about where Im headed with my car yet tho. Good luck with everything Matt.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#12 Old 06-08-2010, 01:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Haha this car was never meant to get this indepth, I bought it from my dad originally so I could convert my AE86 DD into a full drift car, but then after I got that done and sold I put that money into this and well here I am lol. And now it's starting all over again yesterday I traded my Evo daily for a MKIII supra non-turbo and 14K, but for now that money is going towards finishing my education!

PICS will soon follow of the MKIII

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#13 Old 06-08-2010, 02:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
Haha this car was never meant to get this indepth, I bought it from my dad originally so I could convert my AE86 DD into a full drift car, but then after I got that done and sold I put that money into this and well here I am lol. And now it's starting all over again yesterday I traded my Evo daily for a MKIII supra non-turbo and 14K, but for now that money is going towards finishing my education!

PICS will soon follow of the MKIII
You know life is good when your problems sound like bragging.

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
#14 Old 06-09-2010, 08:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisiX View Post
You know life is good when your problems sound like bragging.
So true man, but it took alot of time and hard work to get here, other than my parents initial investment of the AE86 and all it's parts I've paid for all the parts on this car and I was making the payments on the Evo but times are tough now which is why I had to ditch that

and as promissed the new whip 89 MKIII NA 145,324 on the odometer!
Attached Images

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#15 Old 06-09-2010, 08:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
A guy at work just bought a 85 Supra that looks very simular to your 89. But, his is black...

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae