Subaru WRX Forum banner

cant get full boost

8K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  pzr2874 
#1 ·
i have a stock 02 wrx with 112k can only get about .5 boost on the gauge. sometime it will kick in and give me full boost. i put 12v to the soleniod and you can hear it click

#2 ·
So you're getting ~9-10 lbs?

Check for a boost leak. Mainly under the TMIC and TB coupler (those bandclamps suck). If you find they are crap, pick up some worm clamps.

Have you done a smoke test before? Do you have a pressure tester to check for leaks as well ?

#4 · (Edited)
whats MPa ratio for turbo psi? Im getting only .04-feel like I used to get near .09 on the boost gauge quite often or even .1 dont remember exactly. im having it tuned and full stage 2 put on wednesday aug 8th, I dont want to cancel because getting it to fit my work schedule is so tough and i have all the beautiful parts staring at me in my apartment :) I just got a code for P1443, could this have anything to do with low boost now? Im also checking 3rd gear to see if its just in gears 1 and 2 because thats all i checked today. the P1443 hasnt popped again since that one time... my car is an 02 wrx, also had a sound system put in, could any electronic piece have anything to do with boost haha probably not but just giving all info as to let you know about my situation. im having a valve gasket oil leak fixed this monday at a dealership, could this have anything to do with my situation?

#6 ·
Thanks for the response, all the help is welcomed! A little punctuation can be done haha. A sound/audio system sub/components/electrical could affect boost levels? Isn't .04 low or is that normal? Also I havent WOT until before the code popped also, so I'm wondering if there could be some interaction there...could any particular hoses be responsible? I know all of this is hard to gauge being that the car isn't in front of you but any ideas are awesome and I appreciate it. I'm getting a new solenoid boost controller when i get my car tuned, I wonder if this would help. But I really dont want to get full turboback, upipe, and tune done it if i cant even make stock boost...

also update, wot in 3rd couldn't get boost higher than .04 again :(

#10 ·
yeah i think i will try and take it to a place up here to check where you said with the bandclamps and maybe do a smoke test if they have the equipment. thanks for the ideas, i know its hard to give much advice when your not even in front of the car but i appreciate it lol of course this happens right before i find some time to get it tuned, oh well one thing at a time i guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.