A/C Problem? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-05-2013, 03:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

scottay is an unknown
A/C Problem?

Hi all,

I'm now ready for my first oil change on my new '13 WRX, and one of the things on my list for the dealer to look at is the A/C. I actually just sat down at the shop waiting for them to do the oil, rotate tires, etc...

The "issue" I'm having is that the A/C doesn't get real cold, it just kinda blows cool. Once in a while it's will get nice and cold, but after 30 sec or so it will warm back up to it's "normal" coolish temperature. I know it's normal for the compressor to shut off during certain driving situations, but when I'm cruising down the freeway at steady RPM I'd expect this thing to freeze me out, or at least get nice and cool...

I explained this to the check in guy, and he doesn't really believe me when I say it doesn't get real cold... Said he's have the tech look at it, but not to be surprises if they say it's fine. Any other relatively new car I've been in get's very cool... Did they put a pathetic compressor in this thing to save weight or something?

It'd be great to have some ammo for the guy when my car is done, but I realize an hour or so is a bit low to expect a reply =) Fingers crossed!

Thank you in advance for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-05-2013, 03:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I don't recall hearing any other complaints about the newer ones AC. Matter a fact, all wrxs I've ridin in we're pretty cool. I've been in colder cars, but the subarus were exceptional.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#3 Old 08-05-2013, 04:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

scottay is an unknown
Thank you for the feedback! If they say nothing is wrong with it I'm going to take it for a second opinion at an auto shop I trust... Only reason I'm not there is I bundled the oil change package into my lease.
#4 Old 08-05-2013, 04:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Ahhh, I would get another opinion. Gotta watch em

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew