buying my first wrx soon. cel questions - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By n8mcd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-30-2013, 02:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxnoob93 is an unknown
buying my first wrx soon. cel questions

So im looking to buy my first wrx soon. I found one that is in my price range but I ran into a issue. It has a check engine light. Luckily I brought my code reader with me. It brought up two codes. Both of them being p1086. I researched as much as I could on and all I could find was that it was a tumble generator valve? When i drove the car it was driving a little funny. It felt like it would hit boost but lag in power. Ive never drove a wrx before. So idk if this was normal. It felt like my honda had more power than the wrx. Is this the cause of the tgv? Or do you think it is a other issue? I felt and heard the turbo spool and heard the blow off valve. Any feedback is appreciated

Last edited by wrxnoob93; 08-30-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: grammee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-30-2013, 04:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
You shouldn't hear the BOV, and TVG code means the butterflies are stuck closed/semi opened and this could be causing a lack of performance as well..

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 08-30-2013, 05:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxnoob93 is an unknown
I mean. The car has only 130000 miles it. Is it an expensive fix? Or should I steer clear of this wrx
#4 Old 08-30-2013, 05:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well to me it's an easy fix, but unless you know what your doing I'd look else where...No offense, but doing a TVG delete is a pain unless you doing other stuff as well.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#5 Old 08-30-2013, 06:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

boo-key bear is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Stter clear of that car. Tgv code is either what Keith said or someone did a delete without tuning. If the car has a bov thats another no, no! If your honda feels like it has more power and you think the car is having power delivery issues then, thats your third reason to stay away. Probably needs timing belt along with other maintenance as well.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#6 Old 08-30-2013, 08:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxnoob93 is an unknown
Ah i see. Well I guess that I will have to pass it up. Knew something was wrong for 7000 dollars
#7 Old 08-31-2013, 01:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

n8mcd is a helpful contributing member
You can find a real nice bug eye for 6k-8k... Or a blob eye if you look hard enough...
thekamikaze kid likes this.
#8 Old 09-01-2013, 08:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
I guess the most simplistic way to point out what whether or not your should get this car is to reiterate what you are asking in this thread: Should I buy a car that's already showing problems before I even buy it?