broke a coolant line - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 05-27-2009, 11:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

ajtoce is more helpful than not
well actually, my mechanical ability is fine, and I already extracted the bolt. The o-ring that was in there was black so I think I'll replace it with another black one. I posted a pic of it didn't I? Also, were talking about an 08 wrx, which uses a stretch belt and not a tensioner. Thanks for the help guys.

God is love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 05-27-2009, 11:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

ajtoce is more helpful than not
Wait is the o-ring actually green or is thy just it's classification? I was thinking about leaving the broken one in when I bring it to the dealer.

God is love
#18 Old 05-28-2009, 05:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
from what i've been told...its not the color...its a certain type of o-ring...the R-134a refrigerent will cause normal o-rings to deteriorate

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#19 Old 05-28-2009, 04:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
Retro fit kits will mark them with green O rings to show that they have R-134a refrigerant instead of the R12, I found out that new cars can also come with black O Rings but they are not the same as the black O Rings on the R12 (older cars and truck) When you get a new vehicle the O Rings may be black but they meet the same standards as the Green O Rings in the Retro Fit Kits you can buy and alot of parts stores which converts your older style R12 to R-134a. I hope that made sense haha