Subaru WRX Forum banner

brake shake....

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  05WRXRally 
#1 ·
i have an 06 wrx tr and i have been having alot of brake shake when slowing down from high speeds is this normal for the car....i checked my pads and they are fine....???help please

#2 ·
No its not normal, your rotors are warped, they get that way when you spend too much time on the brakes and they get so hot they actually take a different shape and the shaking is because the pad barrely touches the rotor at one point then is tight against it at another, the rotor actually wobbles inside the caliper, its hard to explain but thats your problem. Get a performance set of rotors when you swap them. Some cross drilled or slotted ones, or even the cobb cryo treated ones, i just got them a week ago and im loving them. That will fix your problem and it shouldnt happen again.

#8 ·
stock ones work well.

drilled and slotted look cool but are kinda useless on a daily driver. They make a lot of break dust and generally don't last as long. Keep in mind, they are drilled and slotted to reduce break fade, not to stop the car any faster. You don't experience brake fade on public roads. Ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.