boosting problem please help this is a new one - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 Old 05-15-2007, 12:00 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdturb View Post
went to the dealer and ordered my pill cost $1.50. great deal. also i saw the SPT cat back in the show room for $495. almost bought it on the spot but the muffler looked a lil to conservative for me....whats everyone think about the spt catback...sound and performance?????....i dont mind something loud if it renders more performance....
Not too much louder than stock from the ones I have heard, and not really going to get much power either. You should consider a nice DP first. Dont know if you have EM or not, that would be a good investnment also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 05-16-2007, 12:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

Black Night is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Black Night
this kinda has to do with the boosting problem...but while me and my friend were removing the c-clip to run a lil more boost because stage 2 was only getting me to 15.1...he dropped the c clip into this huge oil pan at his shop...needless to say it was gone, anyways..it is now being held on by a twisty tie and this getto rigged wire that ties it down to the turbo...i have searched everywhere for this c clip and no one has it...places ive checked are, subaru, volvo, napa, autozone, pepboys, and sum mom and pop shops...where can i find this...i mean the setup i have works pretty well sadly, but its kinda ugly wen i pop my hood at the track
post #18 of 24 Old 05-16-2007, 01:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

ArmyWRX is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to ArmyWRX Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyWRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Not too much louder than stock from the ones I have heard, and not really going to get much power either. You should consider a nice DP first. Dont know if you have EM or not, that would be a good investnment also.
I have a qustion.... why put a dp on when you have a stock muffler on the car still???? dont you want to work from the back forward???? opening up the dp youll see a difference but if you do a catback.... how much hp incress did you make by just putting on a dp with no em???? im just asking i saw a 20whp from a catback and intake no em....
post #19 of 24 Old 05-16-2007, 02:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
stock catback is good to about 300 whp. it really isnt very restrictive.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #20 of 24 Old 05-16-2007, 11:09 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXKidid775 View Post
stock catback is good to about 300 whp. it really isnt very restrictive.
+1 to that. Its the DP with the flat side on it that is the most restrictive part on the Subies. An aftermarket DP with some type of tune will get you a significant power boost.
post #21 of 24 Old 05-16-2007, 11:14 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWRX View Post
I have a qustion.... why put a dp on when you have a stock muffler on the car still???? dont you want to work from the back forward???? opening up the dp youll see a difference but if you do a catback.... how much hp incress did you make by just putting on a dp with no em???? im just asking i saw a 20whp from a catback and intake no em....
I have the stock muffler on the car and I have a downpipe, I perfer to hear the turbo spooling. I also have a aftermarket axel back that i can swap out in like ten minutes , if i want the rumble

I like to see the dyno sheet that says that you gained 20 whp from a catback and intake

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #22 of 24 Old 05-16-2007, 11:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

ArmyWRX is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to ArmyWRX Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyWRX
like i said when i get homw ill get it. the stock piping and muffler are like 2'' you put 3" on it and you flow a hell of a lot better. and if you really wanna hear the turbo spoll get a short ram. u can really hear it then.
post #23 of 24 Old 05-16-2007, 05:25 PM

Or you could just get a panel filter and take out the silencer piece, and its alot cheaper, and not that hard to do.
post #24 of 24 Old 05-16-2007, 06:40 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
that is what I did

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement