boost problem? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 Old 07-16-2004, 12:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Solice Send a message via Yahoo to Solice
Yeah that's the one I was planing on getting. So maybe I am only pushing 8 psi, that would be a bummer. How much does your's show your pushing and when should the boost show the highest? Maybe I'm just missing it and I catch it when It starts to go down again. Too bad I don't have 2 sets of eyes so I could watch the gauge and road at the same time. I'll have to get a passenger to keep an eye on it while i give her hell on the highway or something.

---> Sorry Sickem, didn't mean to highjack the post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 07-16-2004, 12:24 AM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Well I have hit 1.07 hkpa in first gear but I have a TXS turboback. That raises boost a little bit about 1-2 psi. The Blitz DTT has a warning feature and peak feature, it beeps when you hit a certain level and it will record the highest boost reached since the last time you reset the memory. You can reset the memory anytime you want. I think you should get the DTT and hook it all up set the warning feature at .9 hkpa, than go out on a highway run, floor it in 3rd-4th and 5th. Try to redline in 3rd as your getting on the highway, then get off the highway and check peak boost. Just my .02
post #18 of 20 Old 07-16-2004, 12:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Solice Send a message via Yahoo to Solice
Cool, will do. Thanks man!
post #19 of 20 Old 07-16-2004, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

sickem is an unknown
im aware that both bypass the stock boost controller. my question is how? does the actuator just trick teh wastegate into openeing later whereas the solenoid electronically tells it. if i put in a dual stage and dont fix my bad solenoid will there be any problems?
post #20 of 20 Old 07-16-2004, 08:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to BlueDemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem
im aware that both bypass the stock boost controller. my question is how? does the actuator just trick teh wastegate into openeing later whereas the solenoid electronically tells it. if i put in a dual stage and dont fix my bad solenoid will there be any problems?
I'm sorry I don't know exactly how the stock solenoid operates. However, being that a MBC and an EBC both bypass the stock boost controller where the solenoid is located, then you will not have any problems with not replacing the bad solenoid. As far as I know, the way Boost controllers work is on pressure. The wastegate is set at a certain pressure, so boost controllers "trick" the wastegate into seeing a lower pressure so it will stay closed longer. That's my very general understanding on the operation of a wastegate.

Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement