boost help? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-11-2004, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

03WRB2NR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 03WRB2NR
boost help?

ok, hi guys, my name is alan and im 16, im not new to the forums but i just got my wrx last sunday (01-04-04), its an 04 black wrx, and i love it.. but tonight when i was returning a movie to blockbuster.. the car ran fine, but on the way back, at 2k it would start making a wierd noise, then at 3k it would like pause and go... before when i used to hit it a little.. it would suck me in the seat a bit and go.. now, it doesnt pull as much.. idk wtf it is but if someone could please help me. also i popped my hood open and i noticed under the heat shield or w/e its called, something was glowing (im guessing the pipe that leads down to the exhaust) and 2 nuts were glowing.. my engine temp is below half way, i only have 370 miles on it.. and i dont floor it (w/ the exception of 2 times, i took it to 5k). PLEASE HELP ME, before it would never make a noise till 3k, then i would start hearing the turbo (even tho it doesnt sound like one, usually they whistle, mine is more like a supercharger sound) now from 2k i hear the noise, and it goes on to 3k where it doesnt pull back and after that it goes on and pulls (but not as hard as when i first got it)

HELP! !Cry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-11-2004, 07:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXMan is an unknown
I would talk to the dealership..
post #3 of 9 Old 01-11-2004, 09:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Well, what is different about the car? Have you filled up with cheaper gas? Or a different brand? I would check most of the variables first, but if not, definately have a dealer look at it. The glowing bolts really don't concern me that much. Heat can do that. The sound the turbo is making is more of a concern though.
post #4 of 9 Old 01-11-2004, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

03WRB2NR is an unknown
ive only filled the tank once with bp 93 octane.. before you would hear a slight whistling noise at like 2k, then at 3k-3.3k you would hear the turbo spooling up. Now you hear like a loud spool (not the winding type, the loud whistling kind) all through 1.5k-3k then it sorta stops pulling and then keeps on pulling. I'm really scared something might have happened to the turbo . or can it be that the turbo is "broken in"? idk but i always shift @ 3k sometimes 3.5k since its a brand new car. I'm taking it to the dealership on monday to take care of a few scratches and now I'm gonna get that sound checked out.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-11-2004, 07:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxecution is an unknown
yeah it definately sounds like you could be having trouble with the turbo i had the same problem with my brothers 300zx when we converted it from na to turbo. it had a clogged oil line where the hose had collapsed into itsself but i cant say that you are having the same problem i would definately have the dealership check it out
post #6 of 9 Old 01-11-2004, 10:01 PM
PJC
WRXtuners Member

PJC is an unknown
Sound like an intake hose came off after the turbo or maybe a big vacuum leak somewhere? As it's so new I would get it to the dealer...doesn't sound like anything should be glowing hot if you just took a ride down the st.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-12-2004, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

03WRB2NR is an unknown
Yea, thats what im saying.. like when i first got it.. I wouldnt go WOT, but I would like half way step on it, and it would push me back a little.. now it barely does it when i step on it all the way. I'm so sad I'm so disappointed with my first car..

Listen to this.. I bought it on sunday (parents gave it to me as a Christmas gift after I came back from NC), drove it around a bit on monday. Tuesday, had to leave my car home so that my brother can take it to the dealership to get buffed, I come home from school and my brother says the dealership says to bring it by later like at 5.. I say "ok, thats cool, I want my car nice and shiney, not with streaks and stains" so I take it at 4:30. the guy washes it and its still stained even tho they said they were gonna buff it. Wednesday, I take it back ### the guy said he was gonna polish it.. I get there and he says hes gonna schedule an appointment, I schedule it for thursday.. I leave my car at home so my bro can take it in.. he wakes up late and they take my car in and I dont get it till Saturday morning.. and it still has some stains and scratches, I drive it around and my turbo starts messing up or something and my car doesnt suck me back in the seat like before and now (sunday) I have to take it in tomorrow to get the scratches taken care of and I'll prob have to leave it there for them to try and take care of it and to check the turbo/engine.. so I've had my car for 1 week but only really had it in my hands for 1 whole day. This really sucks balls.. thumbs down

Sorry that my post is so long, but thats what I'm having to deal with.. I just feel like crashing my car and getting something else.. I was so happy before, till I had to leave my car at the dealership every other day, and wheni get it back, the car sux balls @ accelerating ### the turbo is messed up or something.. I hope they find something wrong with the turbo or something ### I swear I wont be able to drive my car knowing its slow, what did I buy my car for then??!! UGH!

im outta here, i have school tomorrow
post #8 of 9 Old 01-12-2004, 10:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

Maverick is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Maverick
Check your oil. I have known people who have taken their cars to the dealership and the mechanic forgot to put oil back into the car. Start with the simple, easy to correct problems, and work your way up from there. And if the dealership has been jerking you around take it somewhere else and ask them to diagnos. The problem might be easier to fix than it sounds...
post #9 of 9 Old 01-12-2004, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

03WRB2NR is an unknown
i cant take it ne where else, i have a LIFETIME WARRANTY.. i dont really wanna jeapordize that. i'm taking it in tomorrow (01-13) to get some scratches taken care of, and they are gonna look at it while its there. hopefully its just a hose that came off, because now the turbo is really bad.. i step on it and it doesnt go anywhere.. it goes, but it doesnt GO, you get me? and now the turbo is like a fluttering winding noise.. like something is stuck in it or something.. and when my car is idling and i rev it to 2k and let go, i hear a wierd noise, like a cricket chirp almost.. its kinda wierd. ill record the noise.. it seems like its coming out of the exhaust O_o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement