wrxdan is more helpful than not
for future reference thats a gm bcs
turmic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Uselessmark is an unknown
gm? as in general motors???? what do they have anything to do with boost solenoids lol. i just google that to find out what it did. it really sux getting a car someone has played with and being blind about whats been done. thanx for that infor tho. i really need to get this car to a dyno shop to figure out what my tune is

03 WRX
07 WRX
05 2.5 RS
90 Celica alltrac turbo
90 Enfini RX-7 JDM FC3S swap
#18 Old 08-19-2013, 08:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uselessmark View Post
gm? as in general motors???? what do they have anything to do with boost solenoids lol. i just google that to find out what it did. it really sux getting a car someone has played with and being blind about whats been done. thanx for that infor tho. i really need to get this car to a dyno shop to figure out what my tune is
Yes, General Motors. It's off the GMC Cylcone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#19 Old 08-20-2013, 08:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

so i got an installed a new turbo inlet tube. kinda pain in the ass lol but oh well checked and changed a few vac hoses for the hell of it.everything back together and blah no change. there was clearly a large rip on my inlet tube on the turbo end but after changing it im still read 10kpa vacuum at idle and it only boosts to 10 lbs then hesitates and backs off then respools continuously if your full throttle psssh..blehhhh..pssssh.blehhhh over and over at 10 lbs. everything worked fine before the motor and turbo and bcs and most hoses stayed with the car neway what could i test next ive tried carb cleaner and got nothing anywhere. other things ive noted i get no flutter in my turbo as my divorced WG usually gives that sound and if i snap my throttle closed when mossting 8/9 lbs i get no woosh from my bypass valve i could usualy here

03 WRX
07 WRX
05 2.5 RS
90 Celica alltrac turbo
#20 Old 08-20-2013, 08:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
so i got an installed a new turbo inlet tube. kinda pain in the ass lol but oh well checked and changed a few vac hoses for the hell of it.everything back together and blah no change. there was clearly a large rip on my inlet tube on the turbo end but after changing it im still read 10kpa vacuum at idle and it only boosts to 10 lbs then hesitates and backs off then respools continuously if your full throttle psssh..blehhhh..pssssh.blehhhh over and over at 10 lbs. everything worked fine before the motor and turbo and bcs and most hoses stayed with the car neway what could i test next ive tried carb cleaner and got nothing anywhere. other things ive noted i get no flutter in my turbo as my divorced WG usually gives that sound and if i snap my throttle closed when mossting 8/9 lbs i get no woosh from my bypass valve i could usualy here
It shouldn't be this. But, I'm wondering if the divorced plate is hitting your waste gate and keeping it closed. It's happened to someone before on a turbo upgrade. But, you stayed with the same turbo. But, it still sounds like your waste hate isn't working or opening. 8-10 lbs is the limit of the waste gate. It has to move to build more pressure.

Kirt
#21 Old 08-20-2013, 08:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Are you reading KPA on a gauge or something else?

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#22 Old 08-21-2013, 07:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

well i brought my car to local dyno shop granite state dyno and tunehe showed me where my leak was in my gauge line but he says my hesitate wastegate isnt something to do with my vac leak theyre separate things. he says my bcs isnt responding becuz i need to tune this motor. he said even though its only a 1 year differance and the same 2.0 motor the motor isnt working right with my previously tuned ecu.... of course that means 500$$ for a tune is the prognosios so far. kinda makes sense to me nothing was wrong with my bcs or turbo set up before on my old motor and there still isnt. its something a lil deeper. well guess im saving my pennies lol if anyone else has something i can try out otherwise hit me up thanks ill update when finally tuned

03 WRX
07 WRX
05 2.5 RS
90 Celica alltrac turbo
#23 Old 08-21-2013, 08:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
well i brought my car to local dyno shop granite state dyno and tunehe showed me where my leak was in my gauge line but he says my hesitate wastegate isnt something to do with my vac leak theyre separate things. he says my bcs isnt responding becuz i need to tune this motor. he said even though its only a 1 year differance and the same 2.0 motor the motor isnt working right with my previously tuned ecu.... of course that means 500$$ for a tune is the prognosios so far. kinda makes sense to me nothing was wrong with my bcs or turbo set up before on my old motor and there still isnt. its something a lil deeper. well guess im saving my pennies lol if anyone else has something i can try out otherwise hit me up thanks ill update when finally tuned
Odd, but maybe the engine is just responding different to the mods. Every engine/car does act a bit different.

Kirt
#24 Old 08-26-2013, 07:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

yes well if solved all my leak issues by re hosing my boost vac gauge. back to a normal 20hg vac and my boost spools up to 16 again but unfortunatelyt the fluctuation is still there. when fully boosting the boost dies and picks up almost like im letting on and off the throttle.goes up past 16lbs then dies to 10 then back up over and over again. im hoping that its all just nothing a tune cant fix. dunno if i should start researching new turbos or boost control sensors.....

03 WRX
07 WRX
05 2.5 RS
90 Celica alltrac turbo
#25 Old 08-26-2013, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
yes well if solved all my leak issues by re hosing my boost vac gauge. back to a normal 20hg vac and my boost spools up to 16 again but unfortunatelyt the fluctuation is still there. when fully boosting the boost dies and picks up almost like im letting on and off the throttle.goes up past 16lbs then dies to 10 then back up over and over again. im hoping that its all just nothing a tune cant fix. dunno if i should start researching new turbos or boost control sensors.....
I'd let the tuner take a look at it.

Kirt