Boost braking up - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-16-2011, 05:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

unlucky2267 is an unknown
Boost braking up

ok here is the deal i am only getting 10psi out of the turbo. and at around 5psi the boost brakes up BAD shakes the whole car and motor, car srives fine when i shift before boost. i seafoamed the motor and found a large a mount of smoke comes out of the right hand side of the exhaust manifold now here is the question think it might me a exhaust gasket if not then the right hand side manifold that bolts to the motor is cracked so where can i find a good exhaust manifold for like 200 dollors that will not just fall apart at the welds or not fit right. please help i might as well just do a full exhaust from the manifold back. i am pulling the stock uppipe off the car this weekend and installing a cat-less one and a ca-tless down pipe so if its not just a exhaust gasket i might as well replace the manifold also. its a 02 WRX by the way http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/imag...s/confused.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-17-2011, 05:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Buy a used stock one... Go on NASIOC.com and search the classifieds... Only thing you will get for $200 is an eBay piece... and I'd stand clear of them anyways. I have seen manifolds crack in the past but this was due to running into a snow bank and with no undertray on the car. Try the gasket 1st because even if it's not the problem, you will still need a new gasket for another manifold.

PM me if you are looking for a stock manifold.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#3 Old 01-17-2011, 08:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

unlucky2267 is an unknown
not to worried about the welds on the ebay manifold i was just going to re-tig the welds so they dont crack. at the sametime i dont want to buy one off ebay. ya i was going to replace the gasket anyway to see if that works thanks
#4 Old 01-18-2011, 12:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky2267 View Post
where can i find a good exhaust manifold for like 200 dollors that will not just fall apart at the welds or not fit right.
You were the one who was worried about the welds. Anyway, good luck. Try to proof read your posts so they are easier to understand them.