Subaru WRX Forum banner

Big problem ! please help ! im desperate

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  WRX_Stud 
#1 ·
Well heres my prob, it just started today as i was driving a friend home i notice that when i shift i hear this rough sqeek and it only happends when i shift up, so far i haven't noticed when i down shift. is this a serious problem ? can i possibly fix this myself, i dont really want to go to the dealer and spend a ton of money on something i could do. Just so you know there are no mods done to this car yet, and after hearing that sound now, i dont know what to do. !Cry! thanks for the help guys/gals

#2 ·
Sounds somewhat familiar...

I have also been hearing a sound when i shift up...
I don't always here it and I wouldn't quite call it a rough squeak... but i also am not quite sure how to explain the sound... I'm guessing that it is something to do with the blow off valve or something.... seem to hear it when i spool up the turbo hard and then don't use all the boost before shifting up... NO clue what it really is or how to fix it... but if you go to the dealer, let me know what they say. How many miles on your car?... about 30k on mine.

#3 ·
ive got about just about 20k, but i am going to the dealer within the next week to ask them about the STI suspension so, ill bring up the noise while im there. though im pretty sure its coming from the tranny and not from BOV but i could be wrong, id rather it be the BOV then the tranny because im gettin a new one anyway hehe ...

#7 ·
the stock bov makes a loud squel like noise, well not loud but def notacible from inside specialy when the windows are rolled up, if you raise the boost it gets louder. When i modified my stock bov it got about 20% louder. Try letting off the gas real slow when you upshift if the noise goes away, its just the bov doing its job!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.