Subaru WRX Forum banner

Big boost problum

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fc735 
#1 ·
Okay well last night my car was running awsome running like 19 PSI solid and then tonight I go to get on it I went up to 15 PSI then it taperd down to like 8 and I have not adjusted anything that would affect that, However I did pressure wash my engine and a hose came undone but I clamped it back down and still no change. I thought maybe a vacom leak but my boost guage is reading all normal and there does not apear to be any lines messed up so I dont know whats going on?? I even unpluged my battery and it still did nothing so maybe sumone can help??

thanks! :confused:

#2 ·
This is comming from a complete novice, but you might check out the BOV. I noticed the same thing with mine when I first got it. After I hit full boost, It would taper down if I kept the troddle solid. I'd try tightening the screw in the back of the BOV. Once again, complete novice.

#3 ·
Well here is an update guys... I found out I had an up pipe leak so I toar out the turbo along with everything else took the up pipe out and there was a tear in the gasket so I put it all back together with a new one and it does the same thing! It goes up to 19 then goes down to 10 psi real fast... So I have no idea whats going on besides maybe when I had the blow off valve welded on my intercooler pipe the valve was in the flange while being Tig welded on so im thinking maybe the 1000 plus degrees temps maybe wrecked the seals inside the HKS BOV and it just cant handle boost anymore??? :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.