Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Problem Diagnosis (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f72/)
-   -   BackFire issues (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f72/backfire-issues-39194/)

ricki12 09-15-2013 08:54 PM

BackFire issues

!Laugh!
Hi all
I have a 1996 RA Impreza
Not modified as far as I know, Just has a BOV, and Pod filter. Lately it has started to backfire or 'pop' when i'm driving.
If i rev my car it will have a loud bang, its when i acclerate my car. I'm not to up with the play with cars, but any advice would be fantastic, any ideas of what i could check?
Hopefully its not going to blow up!!
thank you

boo-key 09-15-2013 10:43 PM

Im not real knowledgable on the Australian models but if its anything like the usdm models the bov is your problem. Take it off and go back to stock or a recirc one. Forge makes a nice one.

ricki12 09-15-2013 10:58 PM

Hi
thanks for your reply.
I only put the BOV on yesterday however the popping/backfiring has been going on for about a month.

thekamikaze kid 09-16-2013 12:09 AM

yall gotta stop hatin' on the bov's i have one and i have no problems because of it! and it sounds like i can intimidate other cars because of it. lol.

sleepr 09-16-2013 08:21 AM

[quote=thekamikaze kid;356834]yall gotta stop hatin' on the bov's i have one and i have no problems yet because of it! and it sounds like i can intimidate other cars because of it. lol.[/quote]

...fixed it for you. ;)

thekamikaze kid 09-16-2013 08:52 AM

lol or my car came with one and im too cheap to fix it...

n8mcd 09-16-2013 02:19 PM

Needs blinker fluid

BLAZE2099 09-16-2013 08:47 PM

Your BOV isn't helping the issue OP, what you seem to be hearing is after fires. Your exhaust is igniting your excess of fuel. This defiantly does come from bovs. But you just fed the fire you already had, could you upload some under the hood shots for us so we could maybe better diagnose what's going in. We may be able to see other worn aftermarket stuff that you may think is stock...

Kid, unless someone has real power, I'm always gonna hate on them, especially HKS and TXS... Sorry;) xoxoxo

thekamikaze kid 09-16-2013 10:43 PM

b4 i bought my car the guy i bought it from douched it out and i had a perrin sri without a tune and a 300 dollar hks bov. does the car really run that much better with the stock bpv? i dont know i never drove a wrx without the bov. is it expensive? tho i have to admit i really love that sound it makes, :rolleyes: tommorow i am gonna data log with my ap, hopefully the bov isnt a problem...

BLAZE2099 09-19-2013 06:12 AM

Night and day my friend. If you still want sound and feel you need it, than get a Cobb xle 50/50 and open the atmospheric vent. It will still recirculate back to where it needs to go but still blow off and give you that sound. They run around $300 as well so buy one then sell your HKS. Or get a stocker for dirt cheap.

Trust me from my experience , it's well worth it;)