APEXi Turbo Timer does not work! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-28-2003, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mySTi is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to mySTi Send a message via Yahoo to mySTi
Question APEXi Turbo Timer does not work!

I own an 04' Subie STi. I recently had an APEXi TT installed with an HKS harness. Since the harness documentation was all in Japanese(which I cant read), I followed the TT install directions.

I had the ground, the e-brake wire and the ignition passthrough harness conected. I skipped the o2 sensor, I figure ill just set the TT to manual for now. The thing is I have the extra wire from the harness package, it looks like there is a resistor in the middle of the wire under some shrink wrap... but I do not know what to do with it or even if i need it.

Bottom line when I turn of the ignition the car turns off, and when I try to change the "TIME" setting to anything other thatn 30 secs, I cant get the TT in to setting mode. The only thing that does appear to work is the battery voltage display YAY!

Any help or links to better documentation would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-29-2003, 12:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735
if i remember corectly, you need to hook the o2 sensor signal up..it tells the processor how long the engine has been running, and it is needed to operate. i think. i have the HKS TT, and it doesnt have to have it, but i think the apexi unit does......

JOEY
post #3 of 4 Old 06-29-2003, 12:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735
ps...read the directions...if you can get any in english.....they help sometimes......

JOEY
post #4 of 4 Old 07-20-2003, 10:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

kingb333 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to kingb333 Send a message via Yahoo to kingb333
I installed the Apexi TT. I did the same thing I put it in manually until I could figure out the wiring for the ECU. I didn't use a harness though, I soldered into the ingition. It worked just fine for the time being until the wiring for the ECU was figured out. If the car is not staying on with the E-brake, and the ignition wired up, I would say the harness isn't matching correctly. I don't know the wiring for the STI, but I figure the internals (i.e. ingition wiring, parking brake) can't be too far off. The ECU will be another matter. So to answer the question the TT will work without the full auto function. If you need help on which wires to install to the ignition let me know and I will PM you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement