Subaru WRX Forum banner

air leak somewere in the driver door

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  joker97 
#1 ·
im going to take my car in for warranty cus i hear air coming in on the driver side door , my question is if they check it out and fix it, can they possibly check out why my car is so loud and find the uppipe and downpipe and void my warranty some how? not saying that they wont fix my air leak, but that in the future they may have noted any engine damage would be caused by me cus i already changed out the parts. im just curious.

#5 ·
where does the leaking sound come from? Does it come from the window area? I've gotten this too sometimes... usually what i do when i hear a tiny air leak noise is, i open the window and close it... sometimes when u close the door with the window up, the pressurization in the car keeps the door from closing properly... opening the window and closing COULD help this situation... although im not sure if thats what you are talkin about...
some cars come with a feature where the window opens slightly when opening and then closes when clsing the door to evenly pressure the inside cabin....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.