air bag light...its annoying - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-02-2009, 11:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
air bag light...its annoying

for a good while now my airbag light will go on and off. sometimes it will stay on for a little bit then go away or it will stay for a long period of time. i drove to san antonio with no problem and also while coming back, yet when i went to school this morning my light stayed on and didnt turn off even tho i had started my car 3 times today.

could it be a fuse or maybe a connector of some sort?

thanks

Keshav (kay-shuv)
stage II pro-tuned 04 STi
294whp/343wtq VF39 @19psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-03-2009, 12:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
I only have a couple theories. It could be the weight sensor thing in the seat, as the airbag won't go off unless there's enough weight in the seat, but I've never tried driving around long enough lifted off the seat to know if that's the case with the driver's seat. Next, your airbag control module could have a problem with it. It's not likely that your actual airbag has a problem with it. A fuse wouldn't cause this because once a fuse blows, it won't un-blow. It's just done at that point. Your airbag wiring harnesses are clearly separated and insulated from other wires in the car, as they'll always be wrapped in a big yellow conduit usually with yellow tags on them too. This would make me say that with the safety regulations, unless your car has been in a wreck where the airbags went off and had to be reinstalled, that there wouldn't be a short in the wiring. That's the only reason I would say weight sensor or airbag control module. This, of course, goes off of assumptions that safety regulations ensure higher quality control with regard to the wiring. Electronic pieces are unreliable to say the least, and that's why I said it. The weight sensor is a switch, which is a common electrical part to go wrong.
#3 Old 11-03-2009, 12:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
...you made my brain hurt

Keshav (kay-shuv)
stage II pro-tuned 04 STi
294whp/343wtq VF39 @19psi