Join Date: Jul 2004
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Originally Posted by genkidama20
Never experienced it myself, but I've read about it before...
Its fuel starvation at the fuel pump pick up. Subaru found this problem and on the v7 Type RA Spec C they included a baffle on the fuel pump pickup. Bad design. Happens mostly on hard left handed turns due to the positioning/design of the fuel pump inside the tank. Possible solutions I've read about:
1) Upgrade to a Walbro 255 fuel pump.
2) Upgrade to a Version7 Type RA Spec C STi fuel pump
3) LOL, that was one long name for an STi
4) Swirl Pot (dunno what this is, just heard about it)
5) Reservoir tank. An extra gas tank basically.
6) And last but not least, Get a new fuel filter.
Good luck... there are a lot of people on NASIOC who have run into this problem. Try searching there.
Originally Posted by WRXtreme
When you hit the rev limited the engine suddenly stops reving for about a few seconds no matter how you hit the gas and then kicks back on. Maybe you were to worried about the turn and didn't notice the RPMs or the sound of the engine that much. That would be the easiest thing to diagnose.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|