Subaru WRX Forum banner

2010 WRX Hatch underboosting

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  arcticscythe 
#1 ·
So today I decided to go log my car since it has been feeling a bit sluggish. It's a 2010 WRX Hatch. Bonestock. No upgrades what-so-ever except an after-market boost gauge from Sunpro. Now I thought my boost gauge was reading weird until Data Logging on Romraider. My target boost is 13.63psi. I'm boosting a max of 7.98psi. 3rd gear pull from 3k-6.5k. I've checked for leaks and for the life of me cannot find one. If you need the datalog I can send you it, can't post it directly.

#10 ·
If I'm not mistaken the springs in the stock wastegate actuator will hold back 7psi. I cant remember for the life of me where I read it but Im 90% sure it was for a vf52. If your hitting just about 7 It could be a busted line to your waste-gate actuator

I would check the Boost control solenoid and make sure you dont have a broken line to or from the BCS. also check that the actuator is able to move the wastegate, It could be something stuck there.

For the money its not a bad Idea to get a smoke test done. It cant harm the system and for $30 its nice peice of mind while your doing the more in depth troubleshooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.