Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
- Problem Diagnosis (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f72/)
- - 2010 Acceleration/driveability issues (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f72/2010-acceleration-driveability-issues-33372/)
2010 Acceleration/driveability issues
I apologize if this has been covered before. I did several searches but wasn't coming up with anything that seemed like it was the same issue.
I have a 2010 WRX Limited 5-door (hatch/wagon). Completely stock (other than new tires).
I'm having some driveability issues @ 45k miles. These all seem to be related, but perhaps I have multiple issues:
1. Low-speed coming on & off the gas produces a LOT of jerkiness, almost like throttle wants to engage/disengage too suddenly? Have you seen/heard of this before? I don't drive in too much bumper-to-bumper traffic, but it's very annoying when I do. Also while driving slowly in my neighborhood, when I come off the gas at 20 MPH I usually have a double "bounce" as the engine shifts from acceleration to deceleration.
2. I have been experiencing "flat spots" under harder acceleration (best way I can describe it), almost like the throttle is being momentarily retarded before resuming normal accelaration.
3. Occassionally feels sluggish under aforementioned harder acceleration. RPMs don't seem to jump up higher than normal, but doesn't quite feel like all the power is reaching the wheels.
4. Have recently noticed an additional "whooshing" noise under harder acceleration, over 3k RPMs. Usually have the radio going, so maybe this is what the turbo always sounds like, but thought I'd mention it as well.
Could be a boost leak. From all the issues except the end of #1 (possibly a dirty MAF).
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8pl1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.