2009 WRX Issues - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-11-2010, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

LewdWRX is an unknown
2009 WRX Issues

I have an 09 WRX with around 17K on it. I have noticed my max boost seems to only be around 12psi most of the time. Sometimes its between 14-15psi as it should be.

Has anyone else seen this? If so what was the problem?

I have also noticed my car idles up when coming to a stop usually somwhere between 1500 to 2000rpm for about 3-4 seconds before dropping to normal.

Any ideas on this one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-11-2010, 05:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
i have 13k on mine...no boost problems, but my idle does jump up like that. dont know why....but it seems normal.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
post #3 of 7 Old 02-11-2010, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

LewdWRX is an unknown
I am new to the Subaru and turbo charged world so please overlook me.

I should have said that my boost levels out around 12psi most of the time. It used to be more in line with 14-15psi.

I still see peak boost of around 15-16psi upon WOT and it tapers from there. The thing that concerns me is that it always seemed to stay around the 14-15 range and now it seems to hover around 12.

Maybe I will have the dealer look at it.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-11-2010, 06:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
If it's taper on the high end of the RPMs. Then that's normal. The VF52 doesn't spool out that far. How long as it been tapering lower?

The high idle thing is well known. It seems that subaru wanted to include some type of ECU rev matching feature or something in the 2009+ MYs

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #5 of 7 Old 02-11-2010, 10:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

WTRacing is more helpful than not
sounds like you have a boost leak have you taken anything off lately or has the dealer? check for loose clamps around your IC
post #6 of 7 Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

LewdWRX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
If it's taper on the high end of the RPMs. Then that's normal. The VF52 doesn't spool out that far. How long as it been tapering lower?

The high idle thing is well known. It seems that subaru wanted to include some type of ECU rev matching feature or something in the 2009+ MYs
It does seem to taper more as the revs climb. I just haven't noticed it tapering that low until recenly. My car came with the SPT boost gauge so I have been looking at it for 17K and it seems to be recent that I noticed.

I have not touched a thing on this car so I would doubt that its a clamp or anthing of that nature, but i will look.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-13-2010, 09:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
you find the problem or fix it? if not and you havnt touched a thing temp plays a big role in making boost or not. air flows slow or fast do to hot or cold air. in 17k what was the temp range of your driving? when i first got my 09 and my boost gauge in summer i was hitting 16-17-18psi. then i started adding parts and the weather got colder. i no this is ass backwords but i was added more parts and the air got colder i started hitting 14-15psi as a stock ECU should. as for idle mine is kinda crazy too, in reverse too. its a very weird car but i think its normal.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/