2008 Wrx Stage2 Over Boosting! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-22-2011, 04:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

joystick is an unknown
2008 Wrx Stage2 Over Boosting!

I just installed a Cobb down pipe with high flow cat to my spt exhaust with stock air intake box. I was spiking in 4th at 17.8psi, so I switched to the Cobb stage 2 low waste gate map and I was still hitting 17.1 in 4th and 5th. I'm running the 91 octane map which says peak boost is supposed to be 15 psi +\-.7, then I looked at the 93 octane map notes and it says peak boost of 16psi +\-.8. So I'm figure I'm on not that far off from the 93 octane map boost levels, but is that safe? I also lengthened my wastage arm to relieve some more boost but it still hit 16.9 in 4th and 5th. I also live in Denver at altitude so I do not know how this effects any of these numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-22-2011, 05:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
how much did you adjust the WG arm you may need to lengthen it more

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#3 Old 03-22-2011, 09:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

joystick is an unknown
I did like 4 turns. Anyways I reset the ecu with the same lwg Map and now I am boosting within the 15.7 limit in 4th and staying at 14.8 in 3rd. I did run into another oddity though, when I do a pull from 3k pedal to the floor my boost goes up to like 13.2 then down by .5 before fully peaking. It's like there is a stall in the boost, but the pull feels pretty smooth I was just noticing numbers.