Subaru WRX Forum banner

2006 WRX not boosting past/stuttering at 10 psi

7K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Chris-pee 
#1 · (Edited)
Monday morning my car, 06 Wrx Cobb ots stage 2 catless DP with 104k , started bucking harshly at 10 psi no matter what gear I was in. Pulled codes and there was 6.

P1518-starter switch input low
P0851-neutral switch input low
P1153-02 B1 input high
P1152-02 B1 input low
P0502-speed sensor input low
P0503-speed sensor input erratic .

EDIT, FOR EXPLANATION OF THESE CODES KEEP READING. POST #11.

The next day, it threw a cyl #1 misfire code and a code that said PFFF

Any ideas? Idles fine and runs smooth until 10psi when it bucks and check engine light starts flashing.

This is a short log of 1st and 2nd gear. I didn't want to force it to boost much more because of how violent it feels when the stuttering happens.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&hl=en#gid=0

Any insight? I have had has this map on the car for 20k plus with no issues.

See less See more
#4 ·
I have not done the 105k yet, its going to have to wait until next month. With the codes I am getting, people keep suggesting a bad ground but for the life of me I can't seem to find one. I added three grounds and checked all the connectors and wiring I can access. Problem still persist.

#11 ·
It turns out, I am an idiot. These are the codes you get when you leave the damn test connectors plugged in while trying to read codes. So in reality, the thing throws a misfire code for cyl 1 or for cyl 3 randomly. Still wont boost smoothly from 10psi +. I changed the plugs (again), added three grounds, topped it off with fresh gas and checked all connectors and vacuum lines. Swapped coils around as well.

I am officially out of ideas.

#13 ·
Its a long ignorant story, but I fixed it! It turned out being the #1 coil. At first I put a new coil onto a broken spark plug on #1. It didn't help so I ruled out the coil. Never thought to test it again after I found out the plug was broken. Pretty sure I fixed a boost leak in all of this though so it wasn't all for naught. Thank you to everyone that chimed in, I really appreciate it. Car runs better than ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.