2006 wrx boost problem. Need fast help! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 11-09-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Mr. Bojangles is an unknown
2006 wrx boost problem. Need fast help!

Ok i checked the previous boost threads and found some good things to check for but nobody was having the same problem as me. Yesterday and before i was getting around 24psi boost on a 2nd gear pull. I had a local shop do an oil change for me today (no time) as I'm leaving on a road trip (moving) tomorrow morning. Now, on the way home from the oil change I'm only getting 13 psi on a 2nd gear pull. Something is terribly wrong! Could a leak in a vaccum hose cause that much of a drop!?!?! please help!

Update...checked all vacuum lines and it's all good. But, during a high boost run i through a check engine light. P0244. Wastegate valve malfunction (high input). how do i fix that!?!?!

Ok I'm an idiot... searched p0244 and found my solution. just over boosted as it's 35 degrees outside.

Josh
2006 WRX-tr
1998 Nissan Silvia S-14

Last edited by Mr. Bojangles; 11-09-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-10-2010, 09:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yeah they can overboost when it gets cold out, especially if you're in the "stage II" area. A 3-port may solve the issue if you don't have one, but you'll need to get a custom tune for it

-Chris