1st trip to the dealership. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-14-2011, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

twitchy is an unknown
1st trip to the dealership.

So last week in So.Cali it was getting a little cold where all of a sudden i started hearing a sound like airs going threw sorta like a B.O.V. and i finally went over 3500 miles so im thinking maybe it just broke in?..... Nope. Took it to the dealer ship got them to take a look at it. Some kind of hose not sure which one was completely ripped apart . Told me it wont be a problem driving on it and the part should be here next week.

1st Subaru so sorta getting worried that all the reliability talk was just a hype? let me know your taught s about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-14-2011, 06:08 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Without more of a description and/or a pic its hard to say. I have had my for 5yrs (bought with 9 miles on it). Modified since it was about 4 or 5 months old. The only thing I had to replace one it was the transmission, but that was on my list anyways. Every car, be it a honda or a bmw suffers problems. Not every car a manufacturer makes is perfect. Im sorry to hear about your luck, but I wouldnt let it get to you honestly.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 6 Old 10-14-2011, 07:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Without more of a description and/or a pic its hard to say. I have had my for 5yrs (bought with 9 miles on it). Modified since it was about 4 or 5 months old. The only thing I had to replace one it was the transmission, but that was on my list anyways. Every car, be it a honda or a bmw suffers problems. Not every car a manufacturer makes is perfect. Im sorry to hear about your luck, but I wouldnt let it get to you honestly.
"Bring My Wallet" ask me how I know. As far as Subaru reliability they are one of the best out there. I have owned mine since new, just over 8 years, it has been beat to death. All of the issues I had were my own doing. The worst thing that happened to mine that wasn't my fault were the crappy tires that came stock didn't last as long as they should have. I've rally raced, road coursed and drag raced my car and up until 2 years ago or so it was pretty much all stock other than the injectors, exhaust and tune. I still have the stock 03 trans in mine...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #4 of 6 Old 10-14-2011, 07:27 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
"Bring My Wallet" ask me how I know
I like that ! I'll refrain from bashing "Big Money Wasters"

My car has been to hell and back a couple of times, 195K and 5 years of track abuse (owned since 55K). Still on original trans also. I killed the short block two years ago from towing my race car with it (@137K)

I've owned a couple dozen Subarus over the years and they are definitely some of the most reliably built machines out there. That being said, I've never had one newer than '03, and I know there have been some issues since then, but that's what warranties are for. If the car is going to have a failure due to a flaw, it;s likely to happen long before that expires. Don't fret.

I am interested to hear what the failure turns out to be.

Cullen
post #5 of 6 Old 10-14-2011, 08:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonracer View Post
I like that ! I'll refrain from bashing "Big Money Wasters"

My car has been to hell and back a couple of times, 195K and 5 years of track abuse (owned since 55K). Still on original trans also. I killed the short block two years ago from towing my race car with it (@137K)

I've owned a couple dozen Subarus over the years and they are definitely some of the most reliably built machines out there. That being said, I've never had one newer than '03, and I know there have been some issues since then, but that's what warranties are for. If the car is going to have a failure due to a flaw, it;s likely to happen long before that expires. Don't fret.

I am interested to hear what the failure turns out to be.
Oh please do so I can tell you of how much money I have wasted on that POS over that last 4 years. I've had to replace the control arms and bushings, $1000 right there. The transfer case went out(it's an 335Xi), wheel sensors, air/water separator control unit, brake sensors along with DCS sensor and that about covers it. As you can see DON'T BUY A BMW!!!

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #6 of 6 Old 10-15-2011, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

twitchy is an unknown
Sounds good guys, yeah wont let it physic me out. Still waiting for the part _- wednesday should be hear almost all my high speed power is gone. Cant wait till its 100% back up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement