12 WRX stage 2 loss of power - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-20-2013, 08:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

rxz88m is an unknown
12 WRX stage 2 loss of power

I have a 12 WRX with Invidia catted downpipe, cat back, aem cai, GFB blow off valve and Cobb Accessport Stage 2 lwg map. It's been almost a week since installing the DP and catback and I'm noticing a notable loss of power. When I get on the gas around 3k RPM, the boost just sounds loud and like its spooling a lot louder than normal. During that time I feel like a have no power. It doesn't put you back in the seat like it used to. On the Accessport I've been watching the boost and it still boosts around target boost and eventually see it go to 24, 23 psi. I've also gotten wastegate solenoid CEL once before the exhaust install and once since the install. Car seems fine around normal driving below 3k rpm but anything higher and it definatly doesnt feel right. Anyone have any ideas? I've been looking and seeing info about IC to throttle body clamps could be loose or blown and other things about waste gate up pipe might could be bad. Another noticeable issue is the car seems to backfire a whole lot more when shifting or getting of the gas. If anyone has any good info please your advice is needed. Don't really feel like putting everything back to stock and taking to dealer but I'll do so if that's what it takes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

NeverSummer is more helpful than not
First off, you should not have a BOV. you should only have a BPV. sounds like you have boost leak.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#3 Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

rxz88m is an unknown
I was think boost leak as well. Is it bad to be driving the car even if not driving hard? What do you think could be a fix
#4 Old 05-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Check the bolts on both ends of the DP. Sounds like something's loose and you're getting blow by.

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#5 Old 05-20-2013, 03:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

rxz88m is an unknown
All the shop had told me was to get a tune specific for my car. He didn't find anything wrong with the hoses. Said there were no leaks just that I needed to get a better tune than the stage 2 from Cobb. Does this sound right to anyone?
#6 Old 05-20-2013, 04:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Haw1es is more helpful than not
Garage
That does sound about right. With my limited knowledge I would say its the BOV, those you have to get a specific tune for. I don't believe the ap includes that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Shane
2010 WRX
2003 Jetta 2.5
#7 Old 05-20-2013, 04:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

rxz88m is an unknown
I've been fine with the bpv before I had installed the turboback

And went stage 2
#8 Old 05-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Yeah those GFB's can be set to a fully recic setup right? If its not adjustable and just a BOV it def shouldn't be on there though.

And it could be the tune I suppose. Cobb's OTS maps are junk IMO.

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#9 Old 05-20-2013, 04:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

rxz88m is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by the RIOT act View Post
Yeah those GFB's can be set to a fully recic setup right? If its not adjustable and just a BOV it def shouldn't be on there though.

And it could be the tune I suppose. Cobb's OTS maps are junk IMO.

Yes they can be. I have mine fully recirculated right now
#10 Old 05-20-2013, 05:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

rxz88m is an unknown
Anyone know a good DIY I could use to remove the gaskets on the IC-tb hose. I just don't want to screw things up
#11 Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

rxz88m is an unknown
UPDATE...I just took off the IC to TB hose and found the side where the hose connects to the TB wasn't even on anymore and was completely off. I took off the gaskets on both sides of the hose and put the hose back on and my car runs perfectly. Feels even better now. Thanks for the advice everyone.
#12 Old 06-29-2013, 01:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

undrbst is an unknown
Same thing happened to my car when I only had 12k on it. The stock pipe that connects the TB to the IC is junk. I went with a FMIC and an AVO TB replacement pipe...it hasn't come off since.
#13 Old 06-29-2013, 11:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

Brockton is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Same thing happened to me. Those little boots they put on that hose are terrible. Just taking them off the coupler and tightening it back down is enough to fix it, you don't need a new coupler.
#14 Old 06-30-2013, 12:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxz88m View Post
UPDATE...I just took off the IC to TB hose and found the side where the hose connects to the TB wasn't even on anymore and was completely off. I took off the gaskets on both sides of the hose and put the hose back on and my car runs perfectly. Feels even better now. Thanks for the advice everyone.
And the shop you took it to didn't see this? Don't go there anymore.
sleepr likes this.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#15 Old 06-27-2014, 07:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Will_gsaddle is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockton View Post
Same thing happened to me. Those little boots they put on that hose are terrible. Just taking them off the coupler and tightening it back down is enough to fix it, you don't need a new coupler.

So I got a quick question? I have his same issue but on my 2014 wrx. I have a loss of power but everything runs fine. I have read through this forum on the previous responses and checked what everyone else is talking about. I made sure all ends were still on and hoses connected but still nothing. Just wondering if you or anyone has any ideas. I took it back to the dealership and informed them but all I got was everything sounds fine and looks it....