09wrx engine, tc off, and cruise lights on- dealer says nothing wrong - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-25-2009, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

shaggy is an unknown
09wrx engine, tc off, and cruise lights on- dealer says nothing wrong

okay, i parked my car around 3 am at a friends house. i left around 8 am. i drove about 8 miles and my engine light, traction control off light came on and the cruise light flashed while i was driving. but i had no drivability issues.

so i took it to the dealer the next day. service adviser called and asked if i had any battery voltage problems, i said no. i got a message 4 hours later saying my car was ready. so i show up and ask what happened. adviser sayed the engine code was for low battery voltage, but was an old code, so when they checked the battery and alternator everything checked out good. so they cleared the code, test drove it and parked it.

so i ask, why didn't the battery light come on if the voltage was low? and why didn't the lights come on when i started the car during initial system checks? he said "i don't know"

so, my question is, has this happened to anyone else with an 09? i know it's possible i didn't shut the door tight, or maybe my ipod didn't turn off, but it still kinda worries me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-26-2009, 03:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

09azwrx is an unknown
Nope nothing here.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-26-2009, 07:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
I havent had any problems here either...besides sometimes my trunk dosent want to shut right...But if it happens again to you i would bring it to another dealership(if there is one by you) and see if they have a better service dept.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
post #4 of 8 Old 01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hot Karl is an unknown
This is also happening to me as well. I have the 08 WRX with 30,000 miles on it.

The first time this happened was last year (12mo ago) when it snowed and was really cold. The same lights came on but then went off by themselves. I took the car in and they said that the computer did not show any codes and returned it to me stating that maybe some snow got somewhere it shouldn’t have then melted and all is good.

Again this week the same thing happened and this is the first week it has been consistently around 0 degrees outside and again snow present. For the past 3 days the lights are still on and I have not taken it in yet. My neighbor has a handheld scanner so tonight I am going to see if there are any codes and I will let you know.

Do you have any updates on the issue?
post #5 of 8 Old 01-04-2010, 04:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

PdxRex is an unknown
None here either. Sorry man, but what I tink is funny is when the service guy said "uh I dont know" . Geez
post #6 of 8 Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hot Karl is an unknown
Well, I just downloaded the codes:
P0301
P0302
P0304

All cylinder misfire codes

Not sure what this means, I reset and will see if they come back. I don’t notice any misfires while driving. The only thing I have noticed is (and this may be normal for this car but you tell me) when it gets really cold and while at idle the engine seems to struggle? I mean it seems like the engine is at a lower rpm, so low you can tell the engine is shaking and sometimes feels like it’s going to stall out.

Thoughts?
post #7 of 8 Old 01-04-2010, 07:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
Well, I just downloaded the codes:
P0301
P0302
P0304

All cylinder misfire codes

Not sure what this means, I reset and will see if they come back. I don’t notice any misfires while driving. The only thing I have noticed is (and this may be normal for this car but you tell me) when it gets really cold and while at idle the engine seems to struggle? I mean it seems like the engine is at a lower rpm, so low you can tell the engine is shaking and sometimes feels like it’s going to stall out.

Thoughts?
Generally this could indicate a vacuum leak, how low do the RPMs get? Do you have any mods?

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
post #8 of 8 Old 01-04-2010, 11:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hot Karl is an unknown
The RPMs will hover around 750, and thats usually about the place I notice the rough idle (when it happens)

Actually this morning when the engine was "stuttering" it was idling above 750 more like 800-900. weird

I have no mods. Its all stock.

Thanks

Last edited by Hot Karl; 01-05-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement